Starting over

Options
First I have to say, I hate writing introductions as I have a tendency to get long winded...
I am a 47 year old computer consultant by trade and have been overweight to obese my whole life. Some genetic, some lazy but all my doing.

In 2010 I lost 100 pounds, 287-187, with diet, exercise and minimal gym and kept it off for a year. In early 2012, I developed significant muscle and joint pain that the DR's could not figure out so the answer was Prednisone. As you can imagine, 50 pounds later I made a decision to stop the steroids. After some home experimentation I learned it was a reaction to all of the aspartame I had been ingesting. At 287, no problem, but at 187 my system could tolerate it. Aspartame is a known Inflammatory.

So two weeks ago, my boss introduces me to the my fitness pal app and I am loving and hating it! I now have it in my face the garbage I was consuming along with being on the Paleo diet. Recommend the diet but not the Garbage. Since tracking my food intake I have reduced my garbage, increased the good stuff and have been motivated to go back to the Gym. Two days swim, two days weight machines and I have lost 7 pounds in 10 days.

I still have a long way to go to get back to my original weight loss but I know its coming.

Jerry

PS, if you would like some good information on Paleo and health in general, stop by my Daughter in Laws blog. It has helped me and maybe can help you.
www.heyheyhoneybee.com