Good breakfast today

Options
mrsbeck
mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
Usually I have a cottage cheese, oatmeal, and egg white pancake for breakfast, but I felt like changing it up today. so I made an omelet, using one whole egg and a half cup of egg whites. I chopped up about a quarter of a medium sized white onion, chopped a strip of turkey bacon and used that for the filling, along with an ounce of cheddar cheese and half of a chopped tomato. Super good, and only about 300 calories...I'll have to look at my food diary to double check the amount..I don't remember what it was.

It made a VERY large omelet. I ate at 6:30, and I'm still full going on ten o'clock.

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!!! doesn't a good breakfast just start the day out right? :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It was 317 calories, for those who'd like to know.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Know why you are still feeling full....from the fat in the yolk...:)

I must admit that it did sound really yummy...:D
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Mm, I ALMOST made an omelette this morning but I didn't have enough time. I'm definitely making one tomorrow. :)
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    me to omlette for breakfast
  • joannw
    joannw Posts: 2
    Options
    An omelet sounds great and would be a nice change from my 1/2 cup of scrambled eggbeaters and 1/2 cup of fresh spinach cooked with butter flavor pam however my breakfast is only 64 calories and also very filling. I will try the omelet using the eggbeaters, I still have a long way to my goal so I don't need the extra calories.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I scrambled two egg whites with one whole egg and had a english muffin. It keeps me full until I eat my snack