POLL---Biggest Meal of the Day???

Options
I'm curious when do most of you successful loosers eat most of your calories??? Mine seem to be at dinner. I eat roughly 5 times a day. Breakfast is around 275 Lunch is around 300-350 ish and snacks around 100. I've been finding myself eating dinner late---around 7--ish with carpooling kids etc....I've also gained about 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks but found the thread that most gain when starting a new workout (mine is LMP)...whew! (But not loosing yet :cry:

Thanks for any info----:smile:

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    All of my calories are for dinner. Occasionally I'll have a cup of coffe during the day, but usually I just eat dinner.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Lately in the mid-morning or mid-afternoon I have one 1200 calorie meal. Then if I work out and think I need more I will eat in the evening. Funny thing is when I try to deliberately do intermittent fasting of this type I get sick. It only works for me when I listen to what my body needs and act accordingly.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Lunch definitely
  • stephvk7
    Options
    I do better when I have a big lunch & a smaller dinner. I try to eat a decent breakfast, a snack, my main meal at lunch, a snack, light dinner, and a small snack. I find I sleep better if I eat a smaller meal in the evening as well.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Breakfast because I like for it to keep me going for a while.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Most of the time Breakfast is my largest meal and dinner is my smallest, during the work week anyway. It gets a little reversed on the weekends with more social outings.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Dinner,

I like'em huge.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Dinner. I eat more calories in the evening so I'm not hungry when it's time to go to bed.
  • huddboro
    huddboro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bigger dinner- did for a while have a big big breakfast including muesli, toast with chocolate spread and fruit- was told by friend who is personal trainer this is best however I'm happier with smaller breakfast, light lunch usually a wrap with tuna, egg, lettuce, olives and cucumber followed by a bigger dinner.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Dinner,

I like'em huge.

Ditto
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Lunch is biggest, partly because there's an excellent lunch provided at work. I always have fresh baked bread, soup, the vegetarian main course / jacket potato and some salad. Sometimes I have dessert. I usually reckon the total as between 700-1200 calories, which is fine when I'm aiming around 2400kcal, if I'm trying to lose (which I'm not now, because I'm pregnant).

Breakfast, around 600kcal is good.

Supper, unless a takeaway/ restaurant: 300-700kcal.

Plus snacks.

My appetite dies in the evening while I'm pregnant, so I'm glad I'm used to front-loading my day.