New Years Resolutions kept???

Options
Who has stayed committed to their resolution?
Who has failed staying committed to it?
If you want support add me!

Replies

• Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine was to only watch television for a max of 2 hours a day, and Ive kept it.:)
  • poc1919
    poc1919 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've maintained a healthy lifestyle, and worked out every day!!! Love New Years resolutions dude, keep up the awesome transformation
  • AngelStage
    AngelStage Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a few. One was no soda for a year. Two was no McDonald's until I get to my goal weight. I'm addicted to it. And three was only watch tv every other day. O and do something active every day. So far I'm going strong on all of them. Yay for 2013.
  • Sherman7057
    Options
    I had a few. One was no soda for a year. Two was no McDonald's until I get to my goal weight. I'm addicted to it. And three was only watch tv every other day. O and do something active every day. So far I'm going strong on all of them. Yay for 2013.

Omg you went crazy on your resolutions!! Im lucky to have you on my side! Great job on staying committed to your goals!:)
  • Sherman7057
    Options
    I've maintained a healthy lifestyle, and worked out every day!!! Love New Years resolutions dude, keep up the awesome transformation

Thank you Poc you are keeping me inspired with your own transformation
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    My only resoution was to lose 5 pounds/week, until I get down to 180. So far I'm on track with 16 pounds lost in 3 weeks! :happy:
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My resolution was to drink water. I would say 'more water' but considering I currently drink next to none I just need to 'drink water' lol.
    I didn't even make it through Jan 1 :embarassed:
  • poc1919
    poc1919 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You all got this!! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger:P
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't usually make New Years resolutions... I make mini goals
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not me :sad:

my only resolution was to make sure to get 8 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week and 3 of those day HAD to be work nights and so far i havent been making the work night criteria.
  • Snowbunny95
    Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose the weight - to 150 (5'8")
    Signed up for a 70.3 with a friend.
    Drastically reduce my soda/alcohol intake (don't see it being possible to cut it all out!)
    Fit back into this pair of Spyder snowpants I purchased in 2007 when I was last at a low weight - those pants will fit again!
    Workout 5-6 days a week.
    GET A DIFFERENT JOB!!
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    mine was to learn spanish...i think my vacation to puerto rico helped a bit :)
  • AKNELSON76
    Options
    what did you do to lose 16lbs in two weeks?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    A majority of my meals prepared at home have to be cooked via a stove.

Kept so far.
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine are to get more active and to loose weight. The verdict is still out.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Didn't really make a resolution this year but I did make a goal to get a new job closer to home. I have a job interview monday afternoon! I also made a goal of being in bikini shape for a water park trip my husband wants to take and I am holding to that with his help. Going on 3 weeks of working out and watching my calories again. 3 more weeks makes it a habit again.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Mine was to recommit to MFP, and get back on track with calories and begin exercising again. The hardest part of it for me was to give up Mountain Dew. Haven't had even 1 can in 2013. Staying strong and excited to keep going...and to re-join the gym.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    what did you do to lose 16lbs in two weeks?

I assume you are asking me that question. My first step was cutting out regular soda, which automatically cut 500+ calories a day. Then I switched to a veggie diet, and cut my calorie intake to about 2,000. I also increased the amount of exercise I do each day. It's been a tough three weeks, but I aim to keep doing this :)
    Mine was to recommit to MFP, and get back on track with calories and begin exercising again. I'm just getting started. The hardest part of it for me was to give up Mountain Dew. Haven't had even 1 can in 2013. Staying strong and just getting started...

I hear that. Over the years I have drunk enough Mountain Dew to fill a tanker. It was very hard to stop this year. When I get a craving for it, I remind myself how much sugar is in a 1L bottle.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    1. No Soda- (Mostly doing alright on that!!! Barely have had any!)
    2. No fastfood- (really rocky at first, but havent had any in a couple weeks)
    3. Learn German and some more spanish- Still working on it, but i'm getting there!!!
    4. Not to complicate my life more than what it already is, just enjoy what i can, whenever i can! :happy:
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    resolutions for this year: No burger 2013 (kept- and have put away $95 so far doing it!); read 1 non-fiction book for every fiction book I read (kept so far); make my bed every day (kept so far); simplify my life a bit (have unsubscribed from 20 mailing lists that were cluttering my inbox and am slowly but surely organizing my house, also attempting to make minimal/no plans at least one day a week.) So far so good!