Cardio for weightliss

Options
Hi all, what are the best cardio exercises for loosing weight. I have been running for 10 mins on treadmill and then going on cross trainer for 30 mins with 10 mins on bike at gym ... I'm working as hdd as I can, always mixing it up running/jogging/sprinting and then pedalling backwards 1 min forwards 1 min etc I am building up a sweat and getting very out of breath but I just don't feel like its making any difference to my body. Any other things I should be doing?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    There is no "best". Do what you like. You probably want to consider adding in some resistance training to maintain lean muscle mass and insure that most of you "weight" loss is fat loss. Cardio only can result in the loss if lean mass.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It has taken a few workouts for me to notice a difference in my body however running gives me the best results. I use the 1st week workout guidline from the C25K Program and build up the speed when its time to run. I suppose it will work out to be like sprints. I LOVE it, feel soo accomplished and even my husband noticed my tummy looked smaller :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    just do whatever you enjoy that gets you into a calorie deficit. like Pags said, there is not best exercise for weightliss. do whatever you like and hit your calorie goal for the day
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The best cardio is the one you will do.

I would also suggesting strength training.