Does anyone have a bowflex??

GreenieBean
GreenieBean Posts: 64
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a Bowflex but I don't really know how to use it. I read the manual and everything but I need first hand help! What routines and things do you do to burn fat and calories?? I don't want to bulk up.

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Oh I have one! It's just sitting in the garage in a heap, though!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I don't want to bulk up.

you wont, even if all you did was lift weights. In order to bulk up you would need to eat way more calories than maintenance, if you are set to loose weight your calorie allotment would make it impossible to "bulk" up, unless you are on performance enhancing drugs i.e. Steroids.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have used my Dad's when I stay with him. The routine will really depend on your other goals. There was a good weight lifting routine that you could use that for to assist in running in a book I recently read called : "The complete book of running for women" by Kowalchik, Claire
  • mikee1216
    mikee1216 Posts: 24 Member
    I just got a Bowflex X2 last week. My girlfriend really wanted it. Question is, are the weight really accurate? It says that the Bowflex we got is 210 Pounds max. I don't ever remember being able to do sets of 210. But with the Bowflex I can do 4 sets of 10reps slowly. The rod is bent to the floor when doing reps.

Anyone else have this experience. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I just got a Bowflex X2 last week. My girlfriend really wanted it. Question is, are the weight really accurate? It says that the Bowflex we got is 210 Pounds max. I don't ever remember being able to do sets of 210. But with the Bowflex I can do 4 sets of 10reps slowly. The rod is bent to the floor when doing reps.

Anyone else have this experience. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Mike

There are a bunch of reviews on amazon.com. Some people there had noticed the same difference. Handweights are harder than the bowflex system. I noticed also. I think partialy that it didn't require me to stabilize as much as free weights do.
This discussion has been closed.