Food diary as suggested on the Josie Gibson DVD

Options
This monday I will be attempting to follow the food diary in the new 'Josie Gibson' DVD, anyone else brought it and willing to try it with me? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    This monday I will be attempting to follow the food diary in the new 'Josie Gibson' DVD, anyone else brought it and willing to try it with me? :flowerforyou:

Who's Rosie Gibson? I googled it but it came up with no one i recognised.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I havent brought it yet, buuuuut. If u can write down what her food diary is on here, then id be more than willing to give it a go :)x
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ok Soph...it will take a while and want to wash up first lol so give me 1/2hr

Jez...she was a winner on the British big brother and lost an amazing amount of weight, but her diet is mostly fish, no meat (except one meal) and is easy (i think) to follow. the dvd is called "Josie Gibson's 30second slim". It looks like a really good place to start & learn to eat right.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    ok Soph...it will take a while and want to wash up first lol so give me 1/2hr

Jez...she was a winner on the British big brother and lost an amazing amount of weight, but her diet is mostly fish, no meat (except one meal) and is easy (i think) to follow. the dvd is called "Josie Gibson's 30second slim". It looks like a really good place to start & learn to eat right.

Oh I know who you mean now. She's a bit of a yo-yo dieter isn't she? I saw her recently and I know she's slim again (I think). I used to read Heat etc and see her in that but I stopped reading those kinda mags about a year ago so don't keep up with celeb weights lol.
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    ohmygoshhhh just typed the longest diary (for me to copy and paste so i can keep it), because i didn't edit within a certain time it deleted the whole thing :cry: :cry: :cry: i will have another go maybe tomorrow. nightmare!!!!!!
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    Gives you approx 1,350 cals a day.

Here's what to do.....

*Choose 1 option from breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks list each day.

*Plus 300ml skimmed milk or 2 small pots of fat free yogurt everyday.

Breakfast (250 cals)
    ***Sultana & honey porridge***
    Made with 4tbsp porridge oats, 135ml skimmed milk + water + 1tbsp sultana + 1 tsp honey.
    ***Tomato omelette***
    Made from 1tsp sunflower oil, 2 eggs, dash of skimmed milk, 2 chopped tomatoes, + basil plus 1 satsuma.
    ***Scrambled egg with smoked salmon***
    2 eggs scrambled + 1 slice smoked salmon + handful of strawberry's + 1 satsuma
    ***Poached eggs on wholemeal toast***
    1 slice wholemeal toast + 2 poached eggs + 1 grilled tomato.
    ***Fresh fruit medley***
    Handful of grapes, 1 satsuma, 1 plum, 1 banana + 1 apple.
    ***Homemade muesli***
    Made with 3tbsp toasted oats, 3 dried apricots, 1 tbsp raisins, + handful of blueberries with skimmed milk.
    ***Cooked breakfast***
    2 poached eggs + 2 grilled turkey rashers, 1 grilled tomato + grilled mushrooms.
    ***Scrambled egg with smoked salmon***
    2 eggs scrambled + 1 sliced smoked salmon + handful strawberry's + 1 satsuma
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    Lunches (350 cals each)

***Egg florentine***
    Top lightly steamed spinach with 2 poached eggs + 1 small bowl fruit salad & 1 small bowl fruit salad & 1 small pot fat free yogurt
    ***Mexican bowl***
    Salad made from 1 small avocado, 1/2 green pepper, handfuls of torn coriander + lime juice
    ***Grilled salmon with salad***
    1 large grilled salmon fillet with mixed salad
    ***Grilled & couscous salad***
    Salad made from 4tbsp cooked couscous, 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, 1tbsp raisins, 1tsp olive oil, lemon juice & black pepper.
    ***Vegetable soup***
    600ml cartoon fresh vegetable soup + 1 banana .
    ***Sweet potato with tuna salad***
    1 medium baked sweet potato + 1 small can tuna in water + mixed salad + 1 apple.
    ***Guacamole with pitta & crudites***
    Made from 1 small avocado, 1 chopped tomato, garlic, lemon juice. tabasco, 1 whole pitta + 1 carrot cut into sticks.
    ***Sushi & fruit***
    1 medium size pack sushi + 1 banana
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    Dinner (450 cals each)

***Turkey, pepper & tomato skewers with couscous***
    Cut turkey steak, cherry tomatoes + green peppers into chunks + brush with olive oli + lime choice makd with chicken stock. Plus 1 apple.
    ***Steak supper***
    1 small (150g) grilled fillet steak + 1 medium sweet potato, cut into wedges, brushed with olive oil & bakedin oven + 1 grilled tomato, grilled mushrooms + green salad. Plus handful grapes.
    ***Grilled salmon with mixed bean salad***
    1 grilled salmon steak with salad made from spinach + watercress leaves, 1/2 can mixed beans + 1tsp olive oil, dash wholegrain mustard, honey, white vinegar + fresh parsley.
    ***Tuna steak with veg***
    1 grilled tuna steak + 3 boiled new potatoes, steamed carrots, broccoli, green beans + baby sweetcorn. Plus small bowl fruit sald + 1 pot fat free yogurt.
    ***Mediterranean roasted veg & chicken***
    Chop 1 red pepper, 1/2 aubergine, 1 courgette + 1 small red onion into bite size chunks. Roast with 1 skinless chicken breast + handful of cherry tomatoes, fresh rosemary sprigs & 1 tbsp olive oil. Plus 1 pear.
    ***Smoked mackerel salad***
    1 ready prepared smoked mackerel fillet with salad.
    ***Sweet potato & spinach curry***
    Made from 1tbsp sunflower oil, 1 small onion, garlic, curry powder to taste, 1 sweet potato, 1 large can tomato & veg stock.
    Simmer for 30mins. Add couple of handfuls of spinach + cook for a few mins. Plus 1 apple + 1 pot fat free yogurt .
    ***Mexican veggie chili***
    Made from 2tsp sunflower oil, 1 small onion, chilli powder 1 carrot, 1 large can chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato puree & 1/2 can red kidney beans. Serve with 1 wholemeal pitta bread .
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    Snacks (200 cals each)

***Dried fruit & nuts***
    2tbsp raisins & 5 brazil nuts.
    ***Avocado dip with celery sticks***
    1small avocado mashed with garlic, lemon juice + tabasco, serve with celery sticks.
    ***Fruit salad & yogurt***
    1 bowl fruit salad + 1 pot low fat natural greek yogurt + 2tsp chopped mixed nuts.
    ***Carrot & coriander soup***
    600ml cartoon fresh carrot & coriander soup.
    ***Homemade banana ice cream with berries***
    1 bana mashed with 200ml skimmed milk, then freeze + handful grapes.
    ***Frozen grapes***
    3 large handfuls of frozen grapes + 1 small pot fat free fruit yogurt.
    ***Smoked salmon salad***
    Large mixed salad topped with 4 slices smoked salmon + 1 kiwi fruit.
    ***Red wine***
    2 small glasses (125ml each) red wine + a few gherkins & olives.
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    Thanksssss :) ive written it all down on paper and its up on my pin board now! I have like no at the moment, but i get paid on friday, sooo i will go shopping for some of these fooods :) as theres a few i dont like. Thanks!!! :bigsmile:
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    my cousin uses the same trainer as josie , the one that appears in the vid advert and he said she had a lot of personal training before that video , never did that programme apparently . that's y I ain't too interested in her video . she said she gets paid for putting on weight and losing it . I'd rather do a video where they do there own workouts and follow eating plan . otherwise it's just useless if she never did it and that's said by her trainer x
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    my cousin uses the same trainer as josie , the one that appears in the vid advert and he said she had a lot of personal training before that video , never did that programme apparently . that's y I ain't too interested in her video . she said she gets paid for putting on weight and losing it . I'd rather do a video where they do there own workouts and follow eating plan . otherwise it's just useless if she never did it and that's said by her trainer x

That's basically every single celeb DVD.....
  • toffee2013
    Options
    that's y I never get them lol I prefer Billy blanks as he trains up and down usa and is actually talented . everyone asks questions like ' any 5`7 have success pics ' for example , so most want to relate before they get inspired . can't relate with celeb workout vids cuz I'm always thinking ` well they never did this ` . x
  • elsinora
    Options
    I know :) I think celebs can be a really good example of inspiration for weightloss etc but people just have to remember she would (as well as any celebs) would be getting paid a buttload of cash for the weightloss (good impetus there!) anddddd woul be having daily personal training sessions and regimented diet (which is 80% of the weightloss journey). Anyone can do it but they just have to remember that unless you are free every day to have a several hour personal trainer and nutritionist, it takes a lot longer :) x
  • toffee2013
    Options
    it's sad tho I think that she has to yo yo to get paid . that's what she meant by that comment , so sad . that's when they make a story on her in heat etc . x
  • elsinora
    Options
    The difference is though, I think she looks great this time and clearly did a LOT of working out. Before, she did yo-yo but you could tell she wasn't really in it and was still unfit and not doing much exercise. i do find people have a propensity to not yo yo if exercise has been a regular part of the journey.
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    in fairness she does say she lost 4 stone on this, whereas she has clearly lost a lot more than that. It's still a good place to start if like me you'v lost before and put it back on, personally i was eating the same foods everyday and got board, thats why i fancy this and i can incorporate different foods in time.
    I prefer Jillian but all exercise is good, especially if you enjoy it & to mix different workouts even better x
  • toffee2013
    Options
    yeah I love jillian : ) let us know how the food plan goes x
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The diet itself doesn't seem too bad nutritionally, though I'm sure the more experienced members can chime in with suggestions to improve on it. It certainly looks tasty. Eat to your net goal and it seems like it could be alright.
  • GymAnJuice
    Options
    quirkytizzy - for some reason i checked out your profile - best profile ever, had me giggling, you crazy