what can replace me snacking on endless fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? You don't eat actual foods that are of nutritional value throughout the day. Try adding a lot more protein and find a balanced eating plan that will work for you. You mentioned it is evening there and yet you have not eaten anything of substance. I'm just not sure why? I think before you look at replacing fruit, you need to add foods of substance to create a more rounded intake. That's just my opinion!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? You don't eat actual foods that are of nutritional value throughout the day. Try adding a lot more protein and find a balanced eating plan that will work for you. You mentioned it is evening there and yet you have not eaten anything of substance. I'm just not sure why? I think before you look at replacing fruit, you need to add foods of substance to create a more rounded intake. That's just my opinion!

^^---- and yes this also!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Eat more in general. Your body needs much more food than 1200 caloires of low - nutrition food. So of course you are eating sugary fruit, your body is trying to pack in some calories.

Start eating enough, with lots of protein and vegetables, and the cravings will stop.
  • healthymissh
    healthymissh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree with the suggestions to eat more protein and fibre. You know your eating patterns, and while of course, fruit is not inherently bad, you're the only one that knows if you are eating in balance or not.

If you are still hungry after your evening meal, either you haven't eaten enough, or you haven't eaten the right things. Fibre will make you feel full, and protein apparently will curb your appetite. I'd be very honest and consistent with my food journaling for a week, and look at where the gaps are.

I really like viewing MFP on my phone to see the breakdown in a pie-chart, so I know what percentage of carbs/protein/fats/sugars I'm eating at a glance - it makes it really quick and obvious to see where I might need to make adjustments.

Afraid that you'll miss the sweetness of fruit? You don't have to go from apples --> kale. Try starting with 'sweet' veggies first, to replace the fruit, while upping the fibre/protein intake. As I'm not a dietician, it may be worth comparing the calories/sugars of the various fruits vs veggies.

'Sweet' veggies:
    - peppers
    - some baby carrots
    - snowpeas
    - kale sautéed with garlic and a handful of almonds or pinenuts and raisins

Good luck!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with consuming a lot of fruit. The benefits outweigh the negatives. Fruit is a excellent source of fiber, better than nuts. One of the benefits of fiber is that it's a thermogenic so it will aide you in burning off the sugar. The sugar intake is slowed down by the fruit itself so it's not the same as the fructose in something like a fruity drink.
    The problem is other sugars we consume around fruit. I would rather eat 10 apples than a slice of pecan pie if you get my meaning.

What he said! :happy:
  • fungirl1234
    Options
    more protiens