Sorry if this is stupid......

Options
So, i'm on day 8 of Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. I also go to the gym a fair amount of days per week. My question is this: Do I have to do the cardio in the video if i'm already getting cardio in at the gym? Reason being, the only place for me to do this workout is upstairs in my teeny tiny room, and i hate having to jump up and down while i'm up there as it shakes things in my room and i'm sure there's many banging sounds downstairs that annoy my family. Just wondering if doing the cardio separately will hinder my results...

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it houldnt. as long as you're doing the same intensity and the same amount of time as on the video it should be about equal
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    you won't burn as many cals but if you do moderation exercises, you should be ok.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you don't do the cardio you will need to do something to maintain the heart rate or such a short workout is almost pointless
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you don't do the cardio you will need to do something to maintain the heart rate or such a short workout is almost pointless

Even if I go to the gym and burn way more calories than I would doing the video? I still thing it's good for strength........
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Why not do the strength at the gym too? The point of the video is blending cardio and strength for calorie burn. As a strength work out there are better things you can do.
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The point of the video is to do all of the intervals the way they are laid out. I'm fairly certain Jillian organizes each cycle the way it needs to be to give you the best results. As others have said, if you're just looking for strength training, 30DS is not the best place to look for that. If you're not going to do the whole thing then it won't have the desired effect.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I live in an upstairs apartment and I've had my downstairs neighbors come up and ask me what I was doing. They didn't ask me to stop, but I try to do 30DS during the day but if I have to do it at night I do the modified versions or I run in place instead of doing jumping jacks or I do the punches.

As long as you keep your heart rate up you're fine :)