Singing = a form of exercise?

Options
I have been singing and playing guitar very vigorously all day and was just wondering if I should log it, apparently you burn about 150 calories an hour whilst singing.. I know there isn't an exercise 'singing' to actually log, so should I create one? I know it has exhausted me, singing all day, I'm a powerful singer, so I literally put everything into it..xx

Replies

• silviajd
    Options
    I'm a professional singer, and just started using this ap. I wondered the same thing, and the only figure I have found so far is in a blog at LiveStrong:
    Baseline: woman, 35 years old, 150 lb, 5'5"
    while sitting: 90 cal per hour
    while standing: 121 cal per hour
    while moving around or dancing (like at a praise worship service): 310 cal per hour

The Mayo clinic is mentioned, and men and heavier folks apparently burn more. I will likely add two custom exercises, one for choral singing and another for opera.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's not "exercise" it's activity. And you can log activity IF it's not something you do all the time (ie Spring Cleaning)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    This will not help you lose weight.

consider it part of life and don't log it. Seek some real aerobic activity, or pick up some heavy things then log that.