High protein on-the-go breakfast ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup of fruit. I also add some truvia. Keeps me full until lunch, most days. I also always have some cheese sticks at work if I get hungry before lunch. Works well for me!

Cube your cheese sticks into a cup of steamed kale or broccoli with cayenne (or chili powder for no heat) and delicious.. filling!!

I also love combining peanut butter (2tablespoons, about 310 cals but so worth it) with 1 cup of greek yogurt and some cinnamon.. SO.. DELICIOUS..
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • Elisdie
    Elisdie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This site has lots of super recipes, low carb, full of protein.
    http://yourlighterside.com/
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Grill chicken / eggs with a bit of cheese the night before. Stick it in a whole wheat tortilla.

1/2 cup mini pack of cottage cheese or low sugar yogurt.
  • k8ecakes
    Options
    greek yogurt, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice (can sweeten with splenda or real sugar if you aren't worried about watching your sugar). yum! tastes like pumpkin pie ;)
  • BettyBema
    Options
    This is what I will usually eat for high proteins:

Option 1 - Egg Tacos (Eggs, green onions, whole wheat tortillas) = less than 400 calories and keeps you full
    Option 2 - Protein Shake = 300 calories more or less
    Option 3 - Kellogg's Protein Bar = 170 calories

These are a few of my choices, hope this helps.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like the EAS protein shakes. 17grams of protein 100 calories. Plus an apple.

I love these too! The strawberry cream tastes wonderful.
  • simpsona5
    Options
    I love this quick and easy 50gms muslli, 100 gms Greek Yoghurt (mix together) then add fruit strawberries, blueberries etc.

I knock it together in about 5 minutes and find it very filling.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump must try
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm currently stuck on the greek yogurt with 1/3 cup Kashi cereal. They all taste good!
    The Fage blueberry yogurt is what I've got this week and I love it! Keeps me
    full til lunch! 215 calories total

I measure the cereal out in baggies so I can just grab one and my yogurt and hit the road.
  • Tammy422
    Tammy422 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take smoked mackerel to work for lunch with a salad, but it would work well for breakfast. Another favourite of mine is Polish Kabanos (I get mine from Aldi) in a salad with peppers, but you can also eat them just a snack food. They are high fat, though.

I sometimes make a sort of frittata and put in any ingredients I fancy that happen to be around. It's great for using up leftovers! Things like ham, peas, potatoes, herbs, onions, cheese, nuts and seeds work well. I cut it into sections and take in a section to eat cold at work.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes :drinker: I had a mix of French vanilla with mixed berry.
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed Bread made in a coffee cup (1 serving )

1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    Sweeten to taste.. honey, stevia, etc.
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 egg
    1 tsp butter or coconut oil
    **You can really play around with this one. Add in a scoop of protein powder and fruit of choice. YUM

Recipe Directions for Flaxseed Bread
    1.Mix all dry ingredients in a coffee mug. Once mixed, add egg and butter and beat until smooth. Microwave for 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from coffee cup and cut into slices. Sometimes, I just eat right out of the mug :)