peanut butter chocolate oat bars

Options
srenea9
srenea9 Posts: 142
So i have been looking for an oat bar recipe for a while, but everything i find is either nasty or full of sugar. So since I was off today I figured I would give it a go to make up my own. I found a few items and put them together and hoped for the best. I think they came out really good.

2 cups of oats
1/2 cup of flour (i used all purpose, but wheat flour would be good too)
3 or 4 packets of stevia
2 tbsp of sugar free applesauce
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup of fat free milk
cinnamon & nutmeg (I honestly didnt even measure, just sprinkle in until you think its enough)
spoonful of peanut butter (about 1 1/2 tbsp?)
mini chocolate chips

mix together, spray your 8x8 round cake pan with cooking spray. spread mixture until even. bake at 350 for 15 mins. they are chewy & really good.

I dont know the calories & stuff, but if you think its too high you can swap anything out, this is just what had in my house at the time. I would add protein powder but I was out, next time though! I hope yall lke it :)

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    sounds good. i did a estimate for 9 bars and it was 170 cals each
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    OMG how delicious
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    There is a fabulous oat bar recipe on ohsheglows.com too :bigsmile:
    http://ohsheglows.com/2012/01/20/on-the-glow-basic-oatmeal-squares/

You can cut down the cals by using half the maple syrup (way too sweet imo). Add in fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips for a super delicious snack!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    sounds good. i did a estimate for 9 bars and it was 170 cals each

Thank you! That's not bad I guess. If I had different options I would have used wheat flour & almond butter.