Thoughts on 5x5 and gomad diet ??

Options
StrongLifts 5x5: Ultimate Strength & Muscle Building Program ...
And go mad diet gallon(8pints)of milk a day

What's your thoughts on the above?
Have you done it results etc...
Gomad claims that you can gain 25 lbs in month is that true is that going to be 24.5lbs of fat and 0.5 muscle

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    They are solid, but not magical. 25 lbs is magic. Even steroids won't do that.

Hope you're not lactose intolerant
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    5x5 I've heard really good things about.

I don't think GOMAD is necessary. Sure it's probably an easy-ish way of getting extra cals in if you want to do a dirty bulk (and love milk!) but I'd prefer food personally. Downsides would be the expense of eating food over drinking milk, and you'd probably feel full quicker with food.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    what is gomad diet
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but anything that gives me unlimited gallons of milk sounds like it would be heaven, lol.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    what is gomad diet

In the question really love:go mad diet:gallon(8 pints) of milk a day
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    ive done gomad
  • myers0machine
    Options

Haha yer seems like black magic to reach that type of gains haha but give it a go due to not being able to lift for 8 weeks so feel weak so 5x5 should help and love milk and have trouble fitting food in so drinking should be better for me will see wot happens haha
  • myers0machine
    Options
    5x5 I've heard really good things about.

I don't think GOMAD is necessary. Sure it's probably an easy-ish way of getting extra cals in if you want to do a dirty bulk (and love milk!) but I'd prefer food personally. Downsides would be the expense of eating food over drinking milk, and you'd probably feel full quicker with food.

Hey thanks for replying yer does sound good both for men and chicks so am going to give it a go seems a little less then am use to tho and defo not necessary but unlike you I find it hard to eat as wired as that sounds so drinking should be better well time will tell :)
  • myers0machine
    Options
    I don't know, but anything that gives me unlimited gallons of milk sounds like it would be heaven, lol.

Haha gota love da milk :)
  • myers0machine
    Options
    ive done gomad

Sooo...thoughts on
    StrongLifts 5x5: Ultimate Strength & Muscle Building Program ...
    And go mad diet gallon(8pints)of milk a day

What's your thoughts on the above?
    Have you done it results etc...
    Gomad claims that you can gain 25 lbs in month is that true is that going to be 24.5lbs of fat and 0.5 muscle
    Please share with us all
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Do you eat too or do you only drink milk?
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If you gained 25 pounds in a months you'd be a fat slob
  • vanguardfitness
    Options
    what is gomad diet
    Gallon
    Of
    Milk
    A
    Day
  • vanguardfitness
    Options
    and 5x5 is a solid routine. It's my "go to" routine when I have no imagination
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    just remember not to do it all at once ;

image_b8ccd0aa1c.jpg
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Do you eat too or do you only drink milk?

No bud you add it to ya diet http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/
  • myers0machine
    Options

Haha time will tell if ill be a fat slob (still got to train like a beast)and yer may give it a go lot of good thinks to say about this workout plus being not able to lift for months should be good to start with
  • myers0machine
    Options
    just remember not to do it all at once ;

image_b8ccd0aa1c.jpg

Haha u sir are funny Kunt clearly not 2 morning 4 at work then do the maths do them when I get in simple reckon should help dont care losing my abs losing weight is the easy bit putting muscle on is the tough part
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Lulz
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Haha yer seems like black magic to reach that type of gains haha but give it a go due to not being able to lift for 8 weeks so feel weak so 5x5 should help and love milk and have trouble fitting food in so drinking should be better for me will see wot happens haha

if you can't eat enough food to bulk via food then milk's an easy way to go with good overall macros. But I don't think 8 gallons is necessarily appropriate for EVERYONE - seems like an unnecessarily large amount unless you're huge/hellishly active/really really can't eat enough normal food for some bizarre reason.