One year difference almost same weight...

Options
Guamybear
Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
okay..I came across a picture that was taken last December 2011 I was roughly about 210lbs depending on the day. Between that month and June 2012 I gained another 20+ lbs to get to be over 230. The weight gain came with a new man in my life who liked to eat out and boy did we.. we averaged 5 days or night eating out plus drinks..

In June I decided I was too fat and cut portions etc..but due to surgery in the middle of summer I stalled on my weight loss. Me and dude finally broke up in July and my goal was to get rid of all that weight I gained in 9 months and it is officially gone!
but the weird thing is..I am only 5lbs lighter than I was in the first picture but I think because of my work out I look much thinner. I have officially lost 28lbs and only have.... 60 more lbs to go!!

I never thought I would stay so focused to lose the weight and I believe MFP had a huge part in it.

<ry%3D400

Replies

• 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You look awesome
  • yoda1999
    Options
    The difference is amazing! Looks like I need to get my fanny to the gym! Keep up the good work...
  • Guamybear
    Options
    thanks.. I guess it was the weight lifting..I figured not bad for being over 200lbs.. waiting for Onederland next.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    amazing difference
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on portions is Great. Adding the Exercises with your food plan....PRICELESS! ^5 Gbear :smile:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I think you are correct about the weight lifting being WHY you look so different at basically the same weight.

The picture on the left is Jan '10. Not 100% sure exactly what weight I was, but I KNOW it was between 188 and 199lbs. I was wearing a 42DD bra and size 16/18 pants

the picture on the right was in November. I am 196lbs. I am wearing the SAME top, but a 38C bra and 12/14 shorts

8213431311_eecd2df7b1_m.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Goodness! You look at least 30 lbs lighter!!!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great.
  • Guamybear
    Options
    Goodness! You look at least 30 lbs lighter!!!

that's what I think but there is only a few pound difference on the scale..
  • energy4life
    Options
    hey your toning up and it's happening! keep going ! You are strong and beautiful and always remember that! congrats
  • TruScorpio169
    TruScorpio169 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.. you def just motivated me to make sure I do strength training!
  • Guamybear
    Options
    You look amazing.. you def just motivated me to make sure I do strength training!

thanks.. I really enjoy it and find I really like it when I get to up the weights to a higher amount.
  • keelski
    keelski Posts: 18
    Options
    Seriously, you look fantastic! I can't believe how little the weight is, compared with how slim you look! You've really inspired me to keep going with the workouts and to take up strength training
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You definitely look alot smaller, regardless of what the scale says. I think it is the same for me. The scale only says 11 pounds down, but it looks like more in my clothes. The scale is not always our friend as it deceives us. Keep up the good work, as I will too!
  • Guamybear
    Options
    You definitely look alot smaller, regardless of what the scale says. I think it is the same for me. The scale only says 11 pounds down, but it looks like more in my clothes. The scale is not always our friend as it deceives us. Keep up the good work, as I will too!

I totally agree... I have more muscle now and not as much fat.. my clothes are smaller.. those brown pants literally fell of my hips buttoned and zipped that I gave them away. I went down a pant size (almost another) and down 2 shirt sizes.. from XXL to some larges.

I even read an article in shape this month about a lady who is starting her weight loss journey and they had her measurements and her weight.. she was in her 170s and remember I am 206lbs but all my measurements were lower than hers even though she weighs about 30lbs lighter..
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference. Glad to see working out really pays off, even if the scale doesn't show it!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Perfect example of why not to make the scales the be all and end all :)
  • kendrawentzell
    Options
    Don't give up. It's a daily committment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!