Needing Motivation!

Options
I've been watching my calories as best as I can, but im having a lot of splurging sprees! (horrible, I know!) and I have NO motivation what so ever to work out, I've lifted weights a few times in the last two weeks, and done some situps and danced around with my little sister for 30 minutes, but other then that, nothing. And it seems like my family isnt supportive at all, like my mom keeps making all my favorite meals, and a bunch of sweets! Im not unheathly by no means, my doctor says im too healthy, but I HATE the way I look, at 5'3 and 190.. its just not who I want to be.

Replies

• PaigeOulton
    Options
    I need motivation too! Motivation to not binge and just give in, add me :) PaigeOulton
  • lmdenn33
    Options
    Keep your goals in mind! You can do this!
  • Lovehandles9
    Options
    Delecious food keeps inturrupting my goals! lol.
    But I refuse to give up on myself.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It would be unrealistic to tell you not to think of food.
    Really.
    Think to yourself...is it physical hunger or mental hunger?
    If you've eaten as you should, it's probably mental.
    Reach for water. Not tiny sips, I mean drink a few big gulps and wait a bit. If the urge is still there, do it again until you've downed about a cup.
  • payitforwardx3
    Options
    I'm just getting started, and motivation has been a huge problem for me as well. My boyfriend is supportive of whatever I want (he says I look fine the way I am, but is supportive of me eating healthier and keeping sweets out of site). Other than him, I have very little support.

Maybe focusing on one thing at a time? Really focusing on the diet maybe, then working in exercise, or vise versa? Sometimes I think it's overwhelming to look at everything all at once.