My "success" I'd like to share.

Options
First of all: I'm not done yet! I'm still aiming to improve my muscle mass and have started eating accordingly; big change is that I can now control what I eat rather than let it control me.

I'm not a big fan of sharing, not on Facebook, not on Twitter or on Myfitnesspal, I'm more of a lurker (in a non-creepy way..) and keep to the background. Which is why I have hardly ever posted something, and keep my pictures to a minimum. I think one of the main reasons is because I'm rather shy(it's getting slightly better now) and I still don't see myself as a successful individual.

However I thought about it, and decided that if I could inspire just one person to at least make that change, it'd be worth sharing.

The real 'big' changes I made were: watching my food (haven't had a fizzy drink or fast food in 8 months), going to the gym 3 times a week and keep myself accountable for my actions.

My goal for 2013 is simple: get a freakin' six pack.

This is my progress from end of May 2012 till now, -60 lbs.

myprogress.png

Hope it motivates someone out there! :)

Replies

• amperl8
    amperl8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your second paragraph is me exactly. I love reading all the post on mfp, it keep me motivated.

Good luck on all your goals
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great success!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You'll have that 6 pack in no time.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You've done a GREAT job! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsJSF
    MrsJSF Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Like you, I am also a non-creepy lurker and you have inspired me to not only be more active on MFP but also to keep going. I joined about a week ago and I have lost 4lbs (considering I celebrated my birthday (albeit semi-sensibly) that's pretty good I think :) However, I was feeling if the results were a fluke, if I am really capable of getting fitter and all those other niggly self doubts that plague us all from time to time. I am now inspired to keep going, to be patient and to know that it is possible
  • adrBB
    adrBB Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Like you, I am also a non-creepy lurker and you have inspired me to not only be more active on MFP but also to keep going. I joined about a week ago and I have lost 4lbs (considering I celebrated my birthday (albeit semi-sensibly) that's pretty good I think :) However, I was feeling if the results were a fluke, if I am really capable of getting fitter and all those other niggly self doubts that plague us all from time to time. I am now inspired to keep going, to be patient and to know that it is possible

You're very welcome. Good luck in your goals!
    Awesome! You'll have that 6 pack in no time.

I hope so ;)

And thanks to all the other comments so far!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done!!!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Proud of you well done!
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Awesome progress!!! You are well on your way to that 6 pack!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...well done! Thanks for having the guts to post these.
  • pixiee88
    Options
    I'm like you, a lurker rather than a poster...but I'm glad you posted this time, you've done brilliant and look great :)
    Well done! x
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You look like a different guy...soft in the first pic..built in the second.. ..what a difference.
  • kashlen
    kashlen Posts: 16
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • HyugasHeiress
    HyugasHeiress Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    amazing !! i wish you good luck and i hope your efforts will pay off in the end. You gave me hope :)
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You have inspired more than one person :flowerforyou:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful success. Six pack, here you come :wink:
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress well done - thanks for sharing - it has certainly inspired me to keep going (and if I am brave enough, then one day I might post my pics too!) Show us your 6 pack when you have it - with your determination it doesn't sound like it will take you long!
  • adrBB
    adrBB Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies, really kind.
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!