Why do people cheat on there partner ?

Options
Why do people cheat on there partner? I really don't understand please share thoughts......

Replies

• lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    because they're douche bags. Instead of talking through their problems or simply saying "this is over" they take the piggish way out.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Lots of reasons.

1 Opportunity
    2. Boredom
    3. Low self esteem (looking for a boost)
    4. Desire to leave the relationship but fear being alone so line up someone else
    5. Lonliness
    6. Desire to punish esp if their spouse cheated first
    7. Desire to abuse their spouse (just to be a douche)
    8. Sex addiction (not everyone believes this is a thing, but I do)
    9. Attempt to self destruct. - People in traumatic situations often engage in reckless behaviours, including out of character sexual ones.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Why do people cheat on THEIR partner? I really don't understand please share thoughts......

Fixed it for you!
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Why do people cheat on THEIR partner? I really don't understand please share thoughts......

Fixed it for you!

Thank you so much
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    There's something lacking in the relationship and as soon as someone comes along to fill that void....*kitten* happens.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Makes me feel sick I don't get it if your not happy with your partner end it simple women have no idea what they can do to men makes me so angry.life can change within seconds don't trust anyone I reckon
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Why do people cheat on there partner? I really don't understand please share thoughts......

one main reason i can think of is the other partner doesn't give up the sex anymore. If you're not f'ing them...they'll find someone who will.
  • vice350z
    Options
    Makes me feel sick I don't get it if your not happy with your partner end it simple women have no idea what they can do to men makes me so angry.life can change within seconds don't trust anyone I reckon

cuz its hard to end a relationship for some people. Plus they want back up in case the new bang doesnt work out or there's too much to lose splitting up. They think if they don't get caught, its all good.

I have a married friend banging a younger woman cuz his wife doesn't put out that much anymore...he wont leave her cuz he's afraid of losing house, kids, money and all that.
  • itsasecret22
    Options

one main reason i can think of is the other partner doesn't give up the sex anymore. If you're not f'ing them...they'll find someone who will.
    This
  • vice350z
    Options

This

and aside from not leaving that person...its natural. Sex is a big part of a relationship. People don't seem to realize that if you're not f'ing your so....well yanno.
  • amp187
    amp187 Posts: 374
    Options
    It's because the human brain, particularly the male human brain, programs us to seek multiple sexual partners. There is no reason for monogamy other than popular culture, the large part of which is religious.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Now nobody bash my opinion...its just that, an opinion, but I believe age has something to do with it for lots of couples. Not saying older people don't cheat, I am just saying the more time you have to know yourself and grow helps in decision making in these situations...making a more mature decision of just letting the person go instead of causing pain and drama. There are alot of reasons, but they are just that...reasons/excuse. When I was in my early 20's I cheated..for the immature reason of just being to chicken of being honest about things that bothered me..and excusing it because of his short comings in the relationship but I was wrong and approached things wrong. I also felt like if I did cheat then I would have to break it off with him and deal with the situation..force myself...and I don't believe in once a cheater always a cheater because people can learn from there mistakes in life.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I dunno... cuz they are horny?!
  • vice350z
    Options
    It's because the human brain, particularly the male human brain, programs us to seek multiple sexual partners. There is no reason for monogamy other than popular culture, the large part of which is religious.

this. To think of being with the same person forever is actually insane when there's billions of people out there. To those that are find with the same person for the rest of their life...cool. I don't know if I could do that...but at some point in your life I would guess you'd finally have to settle. I can't see bar hopping at 65 lol
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Because people are douchey *kitten*.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Variety of reasons/excuses.

I think if people were more honest with themselves about what they wanted and needed from life and a partner it would happen much less.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    it could be due to a good spelling and grammar fetish
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ingrained selfishness and entitlement, and no thought toward consequences.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    it could be due to a good spelling and grammar fetish

Careful, some people get upset when you point things like this out... I got in trouble the other day for saying something like this lol