EZ curl bar weight?

Options
Can anyone tell me how much an EZ Curl bar on its' own weighs? I'm just starting to develop a beginning lift program for myself and I am finding out just how weak my arms are! I have an EZ Curl bar and a lot of weight plates but I need to start off small.

Thanks for any input on the weight of this bar.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    They vary by manufacturer, there's no standard weight. An olympic EZ Curl bar usually ranges from 15-25 pounds. If you know who the manufacturer is, you might want to check their website - otherwise, put it on a scale and weigh it.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Do you have a scale? Weigh yourself then weigh yourself holding the bar. I use standard weights and all the bars differ so much that this is what I did so I know what they each weigh.

FWIW-my standard easy curl bar weighs 10 lbs.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Do you have a scale? Weigh yourself then weigh yourself holding the bar. I use standard weights and all the bars differ so much that this is what I did so I know what they each weigh.

FWIW-my standard easy curl bar weighs 10 lbs.

Thanks...that's just exactly what I did...don't laugh but I had a 2.5 pound weight on each end and of course the clips, it weighed 16.4 pounds so I figure the bar itself must be 10 pounds. What a weakling I am...3 sets of 8 repetitions and I thought my arms were going to fall off...LOL!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...What a weakling I am...3 sets of 8 repetitions and I thought my arms were going to fall off...LOL!
    Everybody had to start somewhere....all that matters is that you're doing it!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anvilhead!