Stupid broken leg

Options
So I have kinda posted about this before but I really am feeling down. I am doing this weight loss with no exercise right now. I broke my leg in Oct 2012 and it still hurts with every step that I take so I can't right now...I read about people exercising and want to become an active person because I have so much to lose! It is just so frustrating!

Replies

• Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I had knee surgery 12-19 and tried to use the elliptical on 1-2 at a 3 and could barely walk by the end of the day. I was put on a weeks therapy of Prednisone(makes you so hungry and I can't sleep on the stuff) and I was told on Thursday that I can't start water therapy/PT until the second week in February. I put my settings to sedentary and no exercise and I'm still losing. Don't let it discourage you. It's just one more hurdle. You've got this :happy: And losing weight will help with the healing process. We'll get through this!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Are you able to swim / water aerobics might relieve some of the pressure on your leg. And allow you to get some exercise in
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stay on it! I've been though a ton of injuries on this journey and there's something that you need to realize....

It's 80% diet and 20% exercise. Make sure your nutrition is right.

Not to mention - you have the rest of your body that works just fine. You don't need your knee to use an arm ergometer or to lift some barbells or to do some situps. Get creative!!!! There are a ton of things that you can do.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You can google "chair aerobics"!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    You can do upper body stuff. Google Convict Conditioning...it's all body-weight exercise, no equipment needed. Or buy some resistance bands for $15 on Amazon or at Target. They often come with DVDs of exercises. You can do a lot of stuff that's not weight-bearing on your broken leg.

I lost some weight when I broke my foot in the summer of 2010, but I know - it's difficult. You spend so much time sitting. Time to learn to crochet, or write that book. Keep busy. You'll pull through this. :flowerforyou:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Stay on it! I've been though a ton of injuries on this journey and there's something that you need to realize....

It's 80% diet and 20% exercise. Make sure your nutrition is right.

Not to mention - you have the rest of your body that works just fine. You don't need your knee to use an arm ergometer or to lift some barbells or to do some situps. Get creative!!!! There are a ton of things that you can do.

^^^ This, plus it doesn't matter how long it takes, so long as the trend is in the direction you want.