sum advice re Exercise

scotslass
scotslass Posts: 317
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey

I just need a bit of advice i work out 4/5 days a week and for the past few months havent shifted any wieght i do Cardio and Weights abs etc, could you tell me if it would make a difference if i upped my cardio and dropped some of the weight bearing exercises? I have my eating sorted just wondering if that would help?

Thank you xx

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? Are you seeing other results, like lost inches, looser fitting clothing, etc.? If you are, then it is because you're also strength training but you don't need to stop! Your weight loss will speed up. :) Things you could do if you aren't already:

- Drink more water (at least 8-8 oz. glasses. I just carry around a 24 oz. and refill!)
    - Exercise harder or a little longer
    - Eat more (if you're not hitting your target calories or if you're not eating your exercise calories)
    - Stop watching the scale! :)
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Thank you for taking the time to post back :-)

Do you need to eat back your exercise calories? my first weigh in will be Sunday im probs asking the qyestion too soon but I just wondered if maybe that was my set back
    My mum told me to stop watching the scale too I was addicted weighing myself up to 3 times a day!
    xx
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    I wouldn't ditch the strength training because muscle burns more calories at rest than fat so it's better for you in the long run. I would try some interval training with high impact cardio. IE high impact cardio for 2 min, weights for 2 min, and repeat. Your shocking your system and jump starting your metabolism. If you haven't already you should check out Jillian's 30day shred. It's awesome and you can add it to your current workout program. :)
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    just change up how you do your weights and cardio - if you were running, try aerobics or jillian michaels' 30 day shred. . . if you were lifting weights, try kickboxing or machines instead of free weights. . . your body has the ability to accommodate itself to the routine you've set - you just need to vary your approach now. try and burn the same amount of calories/ work the same muscle groups with weights, just build a new routine.

mother nature is conservative, so if she doesn't have to change your body to deal with the stresses put on it, she won't.
    good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.