How do you build exercise into your every day life?

Options
I know some of us have those days where we just don't feel like doing structured exercise, but we still want to do SOMETHING active (particularly Sundays for me - it's such a lazy relaxing day :))

Today I was having one of those days. I decided to hang out all 34 items of my washing one at a time, a full round trip from the washing machine to the clothes line and back for every item. It's 75-80 steps round trip so I got a decent workout in without having to do something 'structured' that I wasn't in the mood for :)

Do you have anything *you* do on days like that (or when you truly are just to busy) to build exercise in to your day?

Replies

• Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It is equally important to have a recovery day. I workout with weights 5 days per week. I incorporate HIIT cardio at least 4 days. Since I am in the military, I am required to do morning PT 4 days per week.Saturday is my non gym cardio and I typically go hiking or playing in the ocean. Sundays are my recovery day...I do absolutely nothing that is considered exercise. Depending on your personal goals, that would determine how often you should be doing actual exercise.
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and I started raising my desk so I would be standing at least part of the day. If I'm there on weekends or late in the day, I'll listen to music and kick up my feet and wiggle my hips (as long as I think no one will be walking by to see me!)
  • Neveone
    Options
    actually quite easy for me to build it into my daily routine:

-60 squats during brushing my teeth :)
    -walking to work (20min)
    - NO elevator use during work hours and I have to change between 6 floors multiple times a day
    - Kickboxing after work