My fight against Additions

Options
chism21
chism21 Posts: 155 Member
For a long time now, I have been aware that I have a problem. I spend way to much time in the virtual world, so much in fact that I'm putting my life at risk in order to watch a TV show. I'm sure that medically speaking, there must be a term to this kind of behavior; however, I call it addiction to "happy ending"; and not, I'm not talking of those "happy ending" rather the ones on TV. The perfect lives and which every body know what to say and when to said it. Ever since I can remember, I have always been connected to a screen. I used to spent hour in front of the TV as a child and as a grown up my addition went online. Now Thinking into it, I recognized that before a least I had the advantage of ................

http://www.ngsurvivalguide.com/2013/01/my-fight-against-additions.html

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of Subtractions either.

Don't even get me STARTED on Divisions.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    I spend way to much time in the virtual world, so much in fact that I'm putting my life at risk in order to watch a TV show. I'm sure that medically speaking, there must be a term to this kind of behavior; however, I call it addiction to "happy ending"; and not, I'm not talking of those "happy ending" rather the ones on TV.
    http://www.ngsurvivalguide.com/2013/01/my-fight-against-additions.html

I love a good happy ending
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

What about multiplying?
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

What about multiplying?

Multiplications are okay,

as long as they involve even integers.
  • brittuhnay
    brittuhnay Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Ugh. You beat me to it. I was quite excited to make that joke, too. Lol. >:)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good with addition. It's that darned trigonometry that got me!!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You do have an addiction, from what you describe. You say that you have friends, but I can't imagine how, given the time you are spending at your computer. It may not interfere with school and work yet, but it will. It sounds like you have some social anxiety and this is a way to escape. You won't find the help you need online, and especially not on a diet website. You are pursuing a bachelor's degree, so you are in school. If you are in the U.S., every college has counseling available. Seek it out. Soon. Wishing you the best as you learn to re-order your life.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thanks for your comments