Problems Eating When I'm Working Out?

Options
I just don't get hungry when I've been working out. Is that normal? I know it's not good; it just doesn't happen.

Replies

• disco_dance
    disco_dance Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I often leave it half hour- hour after working out, usually I feel ready for it then. Sometimes if I have done cardio for an hour solid this is when I feel least hungry, compared to yoga! Just eat when you are ready?
  • courtneyjadee
    Options
    Yeah thats about right. I can go running for an hour that will burn 600 calories but im not hungry for at least 2 hours after it, even if i am hungry before the run. A lot of people arn't hungry after exercise. Take it for granted that your not one of those people that eat heaps after a workout and it defeating the purpose of the workout.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't feel hungry after a workout. I usually wait up to an hour after. It gives me time to clean up and make supper. The it's time, even if I don't feel like eating much at the time, I try and have something. I'll know if I really need food depending on what my body is doing. If I'm not feeling hungry, but I'm all shaky, or feel weak or have a headache, it's time to eat and drink a lot of water.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I just don't get hungry when I've been working out. Is that normal? I know it's not good; it just doesn't happen.

It's normal and due to the adrenaline and/ or diversion of bloodaway from the digestive system, but you don't have to be hungry to eat.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    If I have a regular workout, then I will get hungry afterwards and go for a glass of chocolate milk.
    If I have a huge workout, then it suppresses my appetite. Usually, the feeling of not needing to eat gets replaced by ravenous hunger the next day, so I just keep a slightly longer-term outlook on using my calories. :)