Skipping recovery week during Insanity?

Options
I'm thinking about skipping the Insanity recovery week and going right to month 2? Did any of you who have done Insanity do that? I haven't lost any weight since starting and I'm getting pretty annoyed and impatient. Yes I know weight loss isn't insant, but a month of working out for an hour 6 days a week and reasonable calorie intake seems like it should have made a difference by now... I am thinking the high intensity of month 2 may do the trick. I don't want to hurt myself obviously and if the recovery week is absolutely necessary.. so be it. Thanks!

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No dnt skip it .... It's recovery week but you still get a good calorie burn!!!! Your body needs a break from all the jumping and intense moves..... You will start to see weight drop in month 2 I had the same problems but I lost inches
  • ClaudBell
    Options
    Shaun T.'s recovery is still one heck of a workout. I thought recovery was hard and I still sweat alot. I think he slowed down the movements and stretched the heck out of ya.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'm sold. Thanks. My knees have been killing me the last two days so maybe it'll be good if it's less jumping.
  • Freshdaisy
    Freshdaisy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is good to know for when I eventually get to recovery week (I am only on week 2 now but still useful information)
    Thanks!