Which Tablet?

Replies

• kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Thanks for all your advice.

I've looked in town and I'm going to get an Ipad mini.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about Paracetemol or Asprin!!!

I'm going to get a Kindle Fire HD when i get paid - it pretty much does the same as the others and is a lot cheaper.
  • Apple fanboy here but I love my Android tablets. I have a 7" Acer I use for an ebook and comic reader and I think I'm going to get myself a Nexus 10 come bonus time this spring.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    I have an iPad. My second and it works great for me as an all around device. My Nook is a good reader but terrible browser. Adequate email.

Word of advice. Next time, tell us a little more about how you plan to use it. That would help us help you. Cause tablets like any other device provide a variety of solutions for a variety of needs.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I have a Nexus 10 and I really like it.

Had a Nexus 7 before and it was great too.

The 7 is more portable, but the 10 is great for anything I'd use a PC for.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Nexus 10 (or 7 if you can't afford it) Google for reviews its amazing
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    My husband bought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I love it. But we both know that the iPad is king, we just couldn't afford one!
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    I opted for Samsung galaxy tab 2 over Google's nexus...its got upgradable memory, which is great....I just love everything about it, im a big Samsung fan though =)
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    If would go with whatever your cell phone is. If you have an Android smartphone, get an android tablet. iPhone, get an iPad. Similar experiences and apps on both.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    If would go with whatever your cell phone is. If you have an Android smartphone, get an android tablet. iPhone, get an iPad. Similar experiences and apps on both.

I have a much hated blackberry...but I intend to get an iphone as my next phone. I also have a mac laptop - so I'm quite brand loyal to apple now it seems!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    I LOVE my Samsung note 10.1. It has the equivalent of word processor on it, emailing is simple, you're not limited to app store f. or downloads, it's gorgeous, it has a pen with BUTTONS, beautiful screen and bright, vivid images. Accessories are generally cheaper than for an iPad.

Eta - I can't spell.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I bought the ipad 2, was about $369 canadian.
    I LOVE IT!!!! What is even better is that I also have an iphone and I can sync between the two, etc.

My cousin has an acer one and it is super nice too - but more expensive than mine was.
    I know people with Samsung tables which they like too.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member

I have a much hated blackberry...but I intend to get an iphone as my next phone. I also have a mac laptop - so I'm quite brand loyal to apple now it seems!

If you already have a mac, and plan to get an iphone - get the ipad. Makes so much sense to have them all the same.
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    I have the kindle fire HD....my son does too...we both love them!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member

Good call ;)
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    I have an Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock.

Sod apple and their overpriced tosh.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Has an an AMAZING battery life. Lots of useful apps. The only downside is, you can't add your own words to the dictionary (or at least, I haven't figured out how), and you can't really type very fast on the touch screen (maybe that's normal for tablets though, I'm not sure).
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Has an an AMAZING battery life. Lots of useful apps. The only downside is, you can't add your own words to the dictionary (or at least, I haven't figured out how), and you can't really type very fast on the touch screen (maybe that's normal for tablets though, I'm not sure).

Love mine! I have an iphone, don't know that it much matters. (Multiple brands)
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    I think the iPad is the best because it has the best apps. I have the Asus Transformer TF300T. It's a great tablet, but the app selection is not as good as the iPad. It's not as expensive as the iPad and it can do most of the same things though.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    I have a Xoom and I love it.