Feeling way too bloated :-(

Options
Please can anyone offer me help and advice on foods that help to aid digestion and reduce bloating!

I am in my third week of calorie counting and up until the last few days had been doing fine. In the last few days I have been feeling incredibly bloated....I went over my cals on one day but for the last 3 days I have been under my cal goal. I have tried the obvious and reduced my carb intake and drank plenty of water but yet I cannot shift this feeling which is really uncomfortable. Please help if you can!!!

Replies

• bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    5-6 glasses of warm water with lemon juice gives you acid that helps breakdown food in your gut and also cleans out your colon

good luck
  • calisunrise
    Options
    warm water and warm tea.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've heard that bloating can be casued by too much salt, maybe keep an eye on how much is in the foods you're eating.

Also, Peppermint Tea is good to drink after a meal to aid digestion :)
  • Little_Mrs_Scary
    Options
    you might be backed up.

- Quit grains, all grains
    - Do not eat processed foods
    - Drink loads of water/green tea, no sugar/sweetener
    - Drink 1 cup of senna tea
    - Up your fiber, if you're doing low carb, get avocados or oat bran or flaxseeds or chia seeds or scandinavian GGvbrancrisps
    - Up your fiber, if you're doing low calorie, get grapes, prunes, strawberries.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible week of water retention this past week... And caught a yuck stomache something to boot. I just got through it by drinking a ton of water and trying to walk more...yesterday I had a migraine as well.

I woke up this morning and my wedding ring is loose again...i attribute the bloat to the fact i quit eating my daily dose of one dark chocolate square!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Fiber gummies help me.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Please can anyone offer me help and advice on foods that help to aid digestion and reduce bloating!

I am in my third week of calorie counting and up until the last few days had been doing fine. In the last few days I have been feeling incredibly bloated....I went over my cals on one day but for the last 3 days I have been under my cal goal. I have tried the obvious and reduced my carb intake and drank plenty of water but yet I cannot shift this feeling which is really uncomfortable. Please help if you can!!!

What do you mean by bloated: gas, constipation or water retention from sodium? Reducing starches (grains, beans, lentils) is only obvious if you increase other foods to compensate, are you getting your nine servings of veggies and fruit plus plenty of nuts and seeds for the fibre? Could try a course of freeze dried probiotics in capsule form in case your gut flora is out of balance. Also be sure to take small mouthfuls, chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I notice that when I eat grains of any sort, this happens to me. When I eat more veggies, nuts & protein, this problem is less bad. For me, wheat and oats are the worst offenders. Rice and corn seem to be less bad. Dairy is also a problem. Was bloated all day because I had a little chocolate.

I would cut the grains and dairy for a few days and see what happens.

Whenever I eat them, I plan on looking pregnant the next day...not kidding!