Advice for "beginners" - Take good "before" photos!

Options
Random piece of advice for anyone who's just getting started. I didn't take any "before" pics, and I didn't measure myself before I started. I really regret it because when I'm having a low day I'd really like to have a proper look at my progress to cheer myself on.

So if you're just getting started, take the pics! You might feel weird doing it but you'll regret it if you don't.

edited: spelling mistake. doh!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I just started weight training so should take some.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I just did that! I am too embarrassed to poat them yet though.
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    ive been putting it off for 20days now cause i know itll be horrible but i see it ending up being good, ill get on the case
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    And measurements! Measurements are great when the scale isn't going the way you want it to :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I agree, even though I hate looking at mine at the moment :P but I didn't take any at my highest weight (I lost about 40 pounds a year or so before joining MFP), and am regretting it now. Cheers!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I agree, even though I hate looking at mine at the moment :P but I didn't take any at my highest weight, and am regretting it now. Cheers!

Same here