Where to stop?

Options
2»

Replies

• matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think you are making terrific progress and I agree with the other folks who have said that continuing your healthy eating is a good idea.

I'm pretty average in terms of exercise right now (3 x week), so BMI is a pretty good indicator for me. I just looked at the US NIH tables, and I have put my goal weight right where it should be (135#). Keep it up, and I will, too!

I love the communities and that we're all in this together.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    you are doing great but still very obese and at risk for many medical conditions, I honestly don't see why you would want to stop at this point. If I were you (and I know nothing about you or your size other than weight), I would keep going for another 100 pounds or so to really improve your health... just think about how good you will feel and look then.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING, TELL US WHY YOU WOULD EVEN WANT TO STOP?
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If you are 354 at 21 and are comfortable in your rut of working out and eating well, keep going. If you find the food you are taking in isn't enough, increase it a bit but keep your activity normal. If you find youd rather cut back on working out but keep a lowered calorie intake, then do that instead. At 354 you are still at dangerous risk for so much - and its wise to keep that in the back of your mind while you consider what your next step is. It is fine to take a "pause" now and then, just don't forget that its just a break and you intend to get back at it.

Ive lost 130lbs, feel GREAT but if I feel this good at 224, how much better will I feel at 180? or at 165?

Protect your progress no matter what you decide. Good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Great job, but keep going!!! :wink:
  • ThreasaRenee82
    Options
    Plz do not stop. You are doing an amazing job right now and should continue until you get to a healthy weight and then maintained. Talk to your doctor to find out what a healthy number for you is. As you do not state your height or build then it is difficult to know what your weight should be. But in the 300s is NOT a healthy weight!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and exercising isn't going to hurt you. Unless you lost weight through starvation, keep doing what you are doing.
    This is a lifestyle. Don't you want to feel great at 31, 41, and beyond?
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    don't "stop". Try to make the changes you've made a lifestyle change, that you keep, well, FOREVER! If you have been going at it too strong then maybe ease up on one aspect but continue to weigh in and continue to exercise.

Great job so far.
  • Don't stop, but if you're tired of adjusting yourself lower and lower then maintain for a while instead.

Congratulations on all your success.
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't stop, but if you're tired of adjusting yourself lower and lower then maintain for a while instead.

Congratulations on all your success.

Great idea - that's what I've done and its worked for me. I drop about 7lbs, maintain for a few months then push on again. 42lbs lost to date and counting!