Help I have fallen

Options
:cry: :cry: I really don't know why I do this to myself. I have lost 50 pounds and worked really hard. Then I hurt my knee and had to quit working out for 6 weeks. Now, I cant seem to get myself back up. I have lost any desire to work out...guess I am in a "funk". I have gained 7 pounds and pretty devastated! How do I bounce back? Anyone else get in this situation? I was 13 pounds to my goal, now I am 20

Replies

• sandrarflanagan
    Options
    hello,
    You can always eat less calories and start walking. What I do is walk away the pounds. It is very easy and does not take up much time. I hope this helps.
    Sandra
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Baby steps - take one thing at a time. Make one small change every week.

Go back to logging your food. Get a feel for your weekly calorie/nutrition status.

Start to weigh/measure your portions.

Add in those veggies

Decrease your added sugars

Decrease your white carbs and Increase you whole grains.

You know what to do - You can do this - remember that MFP is set up so you can lose without exercise - so If you are still limited by your knee - know you can still be healthy and lose with out heavy workouts.

Have you considered swimming?
  • jujuky
    jujuky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How much do you walk a day? Thanks for support too :)
  • jujuky
    Options
    Thank you. Your right I know what to do, I just haven't been able. My knee is healed up on the most part. I am the only person holding myself back....
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have many Walk Away dvds. You can do as little as 1 mile to 5 or more if you want. I put my iPod on and listen to own music. Trying to get the umph myself to workout. Doing okay on diet, except last night. I am back on though today.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I would definately focus on the calories until your knee heals. It is VERY hard to get back on the wagon once you are off for awhile. Think though how GOOD you felt when you were on! I have been off and on the wagon so many times, so I totally understand! (HUGS) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Dont think of yourself as a failure. Think positive thoughts. Its just a little set back. ("whether you think you CAN or CANT youre right") .... You CAN!

Few months ago, went through a personal issue.. boom 18 lb gain. Was really struggling to get back to my badass self. Well ive lost 3 lbs (next weigh in feb 1), but better than that, my old healthy habits are back!

Good luck and just do it!
  • jujuky
    Options
    Thank you. There is nothing better then the feeling I had after a great work out, I attended a boot camp days a week before my knee injury. I loved that feeling, now I barely want to walk in the door of the gym...I will get it back ...Thanks for the motivation!
  • jujuky
    Options
    Thank you!
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Sorry about your knee, hope you feel better soon. And congrats on the 50lbs lost, that's huge!! I know you gained a couple back but it's ok, you can do this!

The last time I hurt my calf and couldn't workout and walk like I had been, my trainer had me using the exercise bike for a workout. I was petrified it was going to hurt my leg worse but it didn't, it was great! It put the pressure different than walking did and let me burn my calories plus feel like I was doing something useful for myself.

Hang in there. And only do the bike obviously if it's not going to hurt your knee more. I hope this may help you. :)
  • millikin2007
    millikin2007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! Try something new, like swimming ( I know it's winter, but depending on where you live it might be warm out or there may be a pool at the gym), Swimming is a great workout and it's also low impact for your knee so you won't risk further injury! You can do it!
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I fall every day. If its not overeating, it's procrastination about important responsibilities. Every time I get up off the couch, I have to forgive myself for all the time I've wasted and all the ways I'm a failure. So I guess my point is, learn how to forgive yourself or you wont accomplish anything. The only opinion that counts is your own but even then you need to keep your expectations realistic.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    maybe its hard to get motivated cause we have this mind set that exercise is work. we all have chores to do? focus on that. house cleaning. mow the yard with a push mower. yard work and raking in general. baby steps to get your energy level back up. and when you complete those tasks, you are still burning calories. go for a walk around the block and set a goal that you will go a little further each time. 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud!
  • stressedmum73
    Options
    I had toe surgery 10 days ago as shown in my profile pic...housebound til stitches out next week and good 4-6 weeks before I can exercise again. I have kept logging my food as best as I can and really watching what I ate. It has been a real struggle at times not to reach for the biscuits and I have succumbed however I just ensure now that I have lots of low cal snacks and fruit about. Shocked myself by loosing a little bit this week.
    Feel free to add me as a friend as I can totally relate to your post :-)
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think when you are in pain, it can make your motivation waiver. I know exactly how you feel. I was in a funk too just recently. I feel like I just can't get motivated, and I sabotage myself..knowing full well that I am going to feel like crap about it later. I just recently like in this last week recently started by just going hour by hour. I have started doing 5 meals which helps..cause I feel like I am eating alot when I am only doing 200-300 cal. meals. I am drinking lots of water. and if I am tempted..I say to myself ok..what time is it? 2pm? ok...Im waiting one hour..if I still want it..Ill have a small bit. It's still hard but, I have no motivation or control it seems sometimes. If I mess up..then I determine myself to make my next meal even more healthy and start from there. I hope you are feeling better soon and can get moving. I like to walk too. Just don't feel bad about yourself..many of us know exactly how you feel and you are not alone.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If you are still limited by your knees then take a look at tai chi. The gentle moment will help with range of motion, flexibility and strength. I find that it helps me with my chronic hip and neck pain and gives me a great feeling of relaxation and energy when I finish my 20 minute routine, No weights, no impact, no rapid motion - almost like meditation it definitely helps me with motivation.
  • jujuky
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jujuky
    Options
    Thank you. Winter is hitting big time here today, but I can do something else. I have membership to boot camp and access at my office to a gym, just haven't done it. But, getting on scale today was BIG shock.... it stops here and I thank you all for support.
  • jujuky
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • jujuky
    Options
    Thank you