At the start of a very long haul

Options
I've been trying to lose weight by eating what I consider to be healthy foods while only exercising by walking. Naturally it hasn't worked not because I've lost binged due to hunger, but because I've been eating the wrong things.

This site, not only being free, breaks down the foods and shows the hidden sugars and fats and so on in everything. One week in, and I've lost 3lbs. Only another 97 to go...

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Great job with being down 3lbs!! Walking is definately a great way to loose weight!
  • timbo310
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Sometimes I skip meals then overeat later. The only time I lost weight was with weight watchers. But I think I can do just as good with MFP + it is FREE.

My only hope for loosing weight is keeping track of my calories, carbs etc and this site makes that easy.

Good luck with your efforts
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP, and CONGRATULATIONS on your Loss so far!! One of the First Things you learn here is how important it is to NOT SKIP MEALS!! :heart:
    One Day, One Meal, and One Decision at a Time. You CAN Succeed, and with MFP Pals you might even enjoy the Journey (a little bit, anyway, LOL)