Really Proud

Options
So my success story is not a weight loss success..

I'm battling a binge eating disorder... and I put myself in a uncomfortable situation and did well.

I went to Red Lobster for dinner and after I wrote everything in my journal ... I only ate 265 over my calories for the day.

I'm damn proud of myself right now... I don't even feel the need to go in the fridge for a snack

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! :love: Congratulations! T:flowerforyou: hat is really a HUGE accomplishment. :heart: We are all so proud of you! :drinker: Keep up the healthy thinking!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm having a hard time... but I'm moving forward and I haven't binged so far since 2/22/10 when I joined
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    Kim, that is really awesome! What support systems do you have in place besides the magnificent friends here at MFP? If the question is too personal, just respond, "too personal" !!:laugh: My thought was simply that it might help others who have similar situations.

DD
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    Well, I started telling people at work I have an eating disorder so they stop bringing food around me. I work with about 60+ women and they all bring in doughnuts and their kids halloween candy... and I finally said enough.

I'm also terrified of cancer and diabetes... Right before I got back on the wagon I was able to feel my blood sugar was dropping so I knew something was very wrong and had to change.

My boyfriend's good about it... his Italiano family not so much. But I just prep myself to be attacked by flying lasagna & veal parmagiana before I enter his kitchen.

I think something in my brain just clicked and I knew I had to change before I die from this
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    I understand about the fear of diabetes...it is what also prompted my lifestyle changes. I would sit down at the table and within just a few bites the room would be spinning! It scared me. I was the heavier at that point than I was at even the end of any of my pregnancies! I started by simply eliminating processed sugars. It made it really easy then with friends and family to avoid the really tempting stuff. I would simply say, Oh, I would love to have a piece if I could but my body just doesn't do well with sugar anymore." It ended the conversation right then and there.

Sounds like you are entering into a really good place!

Best of luck to you in this journey.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That is very good! We all want to see you succeed! Keep on trudging through the muck! It will finally turn to hard ground!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the support :drinker:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    That's not bad!! Good job.. and mmm.. Red Lobster. I've been seeing those commercial about the lobster days.. I'm been craving Red lobster since those commercials started. KUDOS Dear! xo :flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so proud of you for working on making a change. I was "treated" for a similiar eating disorder in my 20's and it is very difficult to overcome. Awesome job for all the progress you have made so far.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    Girl i am struggling with the same (or similar, i don't want to assume i know exactly how you're feeling or vice versa) but thats a huge accomplishment! I wish i could say the same for my day,

But your story, along with many others here and others kind words lift me up! Grats, and KEEP IT UP!! :flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Kim!!!!! You can do this!!!!!! I'm proud of you!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :smile:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    congrats!! I have the same issue. You did awesome:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Girl, that's awesome. :) I've been craving lobster so much the last couple months but haven't been able to afford it. I think I might start saving, lol!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Kim, you're amazing!!!!! Keep it up:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!