Baby shower ideas for male co-worker!

Options
2»

Replies

• marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    A co worker's wife is having their second child in March!!! His wife is having a baby shower at her job and we want to do something special for him but with a male touch, Any ideas like masculine themed baby games?. No strippers, this is a baby shower not a bachelor party...lol

Make him have to do various things like hold one baby doll while changing the diaper of another. Have baby bottles and put juice in them and have "chugging" contests to see who can suck down the bottle contents the fastest. Have everyone write down one piece of parenting advice for him and then he pulls them and reads them aloud and guesses whose advice is was.....

PS reading others comments-YOU know your co-worker. I'm sure there are some men who would love a baby shower with this stuff! Don't be deterred :drinker: :drinker:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    A co worker's wife is having their second child in March!!! His wife is having a baby shower at her job and we want to do something special for him but with a male touch, Any ideas like masculine themed baby games?. No strippers, this is a baby shower not a bachelor party...lol

Make him have to do various things like hold one baby doll while changing the diaper of another. Have baby bottles and put juice in them and have "chugging" contests to see who can suck down the bottle contents the fastest. Have everyone write down one piece of parenting advice for him and then he pulls them and reads them aloud and guesses whose advice is was.....

PS reading others comments-YOU know your co-worker. I'm sure there are some men who would love a baby shower with this stuff! Don't be deterred :drinker: :drinker:

No, no no! For the sake of all that is holy and good with the world, please be deterred!
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options

No, no no! For the sake of all that is holy and good with the world, please be deterred!

^^^ this
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Thanks he is actually excited about the idea, plus he enjoyed the last baby shower for a female co-worker because he won a mug...lol No beer or alcohol, he is really attentive to his wife and first child so awwwwwww. His only request is to learn how to do the biker shuffle. And it's a really small office (12 people total) so we are kinda close.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Everybody throw in $5/$10 and guess the date of birth. Winner gets to take the new dad out with the winnings one night when he really needs some me time.

I thought going to work counted as "me time" for a new dad.

LMAO! Yes. Yes, it does. "Sorry, honey I know its Saturday but I REALLY need to clean my office."

Doubtful, take the poor slob out for a shot, or 2, or 3, :D lol
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Baby showers are usually for the first baby where I'm from. I've never heard of people having them for the 2nd baby, and usually it's an event for the momma to be, not the dad.

If you want to do something nice, everyone spring in $5 or $10 and buy them diapers, wipes, and maybe give them a gift certificate for Papa Murphy's or some take and bake so that he and his wife can have a break one night and have a simple dinner at home. Together.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options

Thanks he is actually excited about the idea, plus he enjoyed the last baby shower for a female co-worker because he won a mug...lol No beer or alcohol, he is really attentive to his wife and first child so awwwwwww. His only request is to learn how to do the biker shuffle. And it's a really small office (12 people total) so we are kinda close.

Ok, so serious then. Does his wife know he is gay?
  • DoingitWell
    Options

Ok, so serious then. Does his wife know he is gay?

Funny..LOL But after being married to a dumb @ss I think I would love to be married to someone like this whether he's gay or not.
  • DoingitWell
    Options
    I seriously think everyone is missing the big picture. Baby shower at work = 3 hour lunch break.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Baby Toy Assembly Race
    For those of you guys who enjoy a competition, purchase two baby/toddler toys that need to be assembled (e.g., a riding toy, bicycle, doll house) supply a bunch of different tools or even better if you have them use a butter knife instead of a screwdriver (sure to get a lot of laughs when they look and look for the flat head screwdriver, and realize there isn't one). Place baby shower guests into two different teams and see how fast they can complete the assembly. The losing team has to buy the rounds!

Baby Shower Poker
    Get a poker table (or make one) and have the guys who want to play bring a package of diapers and $10 each as the buy in for the game. The winner gets to keep the money and the Daddy gets all the diapers! This is an excellent daddy to be baby shower game for the guys! Thanks to Amanda for this great game! This also makes a great co-ed baby shower game.

The Diaper Change
    Fill diapers up with apple juice and melted chocolate and place on some baby dolls. Get new diapers and have the guys race to clean the baby's wet/soiled diaper and then replace with a new one. You will get loads of laughs out of this one.

Guess the chocolate
    Fill up different diapers with melted chocolate from 6 of your favorite candy bars. Have each guy smell each diaper and guess which chocolate is in each. Have them write down their answers and see who wins. You can be real gross and have them taste each one!

Baby Shower Betting
    Guys love to bet so have different wagers start including the following:

What day will the baby be born?
    What time will the baby be born?
    How many pounds will the baby weigh?
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I would leave beer out of it. My understanding of a baby shower was to shower baby with gifts. I do not remember any women getting booze or nights out at the baby showers I have been to. This just seems sexist to me.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    I would have lunch (kind of like a pot luck), get dad some gift cert, baby items for him (manly diaper bag, the baby chest holder, etc) or get him some stuff he could use, like a dad's shirt, a personalized gift (mug, hat, office supplies like mouse pad).

Games: I would do dirty diaper basketball (using the trash can as the basket), pin the baby on the boobie (LMAO).

Thats all I can help with, Ive never been too or heard of a baby shower for males.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I would leave beer out of it. My understanding of a baby shower was to shower baby with gifts. I do not remember any women getting booze or nights out at the baby showers I have been to. This just seems sexist to me.

Yes, buying a man a beer for the birth of his kids is horribly sexist. Please go back to Smith and find something to teach. The rest of the world isn't a padded cell.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Yes, buying a man a beer for the birth of his kids is horribly sexist. Please go back to Smith and find something to teach. The rest of the world isn't a padded cell.

I'll take the beer. Bad night at work. :(
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

That's because they were pregnant....