Some advice and encouragment

jessicajoy87
jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone! I am having a difficult time with my diet. I started in November and then toward the end of last month I had a cheat day. I have not been able to get back on track for about three weeks now and I am really starting to feel it. I feel so disappointed in my self. I really need to lose weight. Does anyone have any tips or advice or stories about how they either got back on track or stay on track? Help!

Thanks
Jessica

Replies

• Wow - 45 lbs since last November. That's great! I wouldn't beat yourself up over a little "cheating" but be proud of what you've done and realize you can do it again. Think of it as a little vacation. Now it's time to get back to work. I'm feeling lucky when I lose a pound a week and gave myself a pat on the back at 15lbs down. I cheat every once inawhile, but then move on. You're doing a great job.
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    I lost 29 lbs since September of 09 then after Christmas fell off the wagon big time & gained 10 lbs back. It's taken till now to CRAWL back onto the wagon. Some people can have a desert everyday & count it in their daily food counting. I on the other hand have one piece of something yummy & it triggers a BIG SET BACK...then I have another & another & another.

It's best to not buy it the bad stuff. What's worked for me lately is... instead of giving into the Goodies I jump on my New Elliptical. Use what ever you have, walk, run, bicycle, jump. If you allow yourself or give yourself "permission" to have a cheat day you may not recover. I'm a closet eater so nobody would ever know.

Gaining 10 lbs back makes me feel bad but obviously not enough to change until 2 days ago. You need a goal to look forward to like a Vacation or a new Swimsuit....it's the carrot in front of the nose trick. Mine is shopping with a friend that always looks like a million bucks & I want to feel good about myself when we meet up again. So to each his own. I was way down in the dumps & my thought process was well I'll start back on the wagon tomorrow but guess what? tomorrow NEVER comes. So make than U turn (I learned from MFP) and after you think you wrecked your plan just start over that next meal & go work it off with what ever means you have.

WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!

P.S. Thanks to my MFP friend Donna who won't give up on me Thank You.:flowerforyou:
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Also, go back into your diet history & see what you were doing that actually worked & try to re-live those days (I should do that myself lol). You were "On Fire" loosing 45 lbs so far so obviously you were doing something right:love: Congratulations on your progress! That's awesome!

BTW I looked at your profile & Love, Love, Love the changes in your figure & whats really Kool is your room behind you has a makeover changes as well. (Imma Decorator Freak):heart:
  • sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    Your doing an excellent job! 45LBS is a milestone that some people can't reach on their own. As for staying motivated..everyone has a cheat day especially women at certain times of the month. I find that if I'm craving something I wont deprive myself of it but I will eat a small portion so I dont overeat later and eat the wrong things. It takes 27 days to make a habbit and you've gone this far. I know you'll make your goal! Dont beat yourself up over a bad day b/c you're not alone! :)
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    I had a slacker weekend a few weeks ago (Feb 19th...) and haven't been able to get back on track until yesterday. There's really no trick I can give, other than the fact that the last time I went shopping I only let myself get good, healthy foods. Most of my groceries were fresh fruits and vegetables. And once I got home I portioned everything out so all I have to do is reach into my fridge and grab something to eat or snack on.
    You are obviously well motivated (45 pounds - AWESOME JOB!) and I'm sure that once you get back on the wagon you'll see some more great results!
  • Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.