Any Doctors Here?

Options
OK so I'm Jr in high school and i want to be a pediatrician. I need help with some questions and what not. Any tips just tell me below. Everything is much appreciated.

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor but if you have questions about becoming a pediatrician why don't you talk to one local to you? If you call their office and explain what you want the receptionist can ask the doctor if they have time to either meet with you or email back and forth with you. I'm sure you'd be able to find at least one that has time and is willing.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor but if you have questions about becoming a pediatrician why don't you talk to one local to you? If you call their office and explain what you want the receptionist can ask the doctor if they have time to either meet with you or email back and forth with you. I'm sure you'd be able to find at least one that has time and is willing.

This. Or go to your school career center. They might have some contacts for you. Best of luck! :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm a pulmonologist/intensivist.

When I was in high school I shadowed one of our local surgeons. Surely you can find someone in your area...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Doctor and I don't even play one on T.V. The advice about talking to one in your local community was a good one. Now, on another note. If you read the terms of service concerning this site, it is an adult only site. Therefore, if you are in Junior High School, this really is not the site for you. Adult nutritional and fitness needs are far different than those of Junior High school students. Therefore, advice that you may receive from well intentioned others on this site may not really meet your developmental needs. I applaud you for taking control of your life and realizing that fitness is a key element of your developmental puzzle. However, I encourage you to find a site that is better geared to your personal needs... and by ALL MEANS, talk to your parents and your doctor about what YOU should be doing to achieve what you want to achieve in this very important area. --- HS Teacher.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Doctor and I don't even play one on T.V. The advice about talking to one in your local community was a good one. Now, on another note. If you read the terms of service concerning this site, it is an adult only site. Therefore, if you are in Junior High School, this really is not the site for you. Adult nutritional and fitness needs are far different than those of Junior High school students. Therefore, advice that you may receive from well intentioned others on this site may not really meet your developmental needs. I applaud you for taking control of your life and realizing that fitness is a key element of your developmental puzzle. However, I encourage you to find a site that is better geared to your personal needs... and by ALL MEANS, talk to your parents and your doctor about what YOU should be doing to achieve what you want to achieve in this very important area. --- HS Teacher.
    I believe he said he's a Junior in High School so probably 17 or 18 years old...
  • hassan26
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone