Binge problem!

Options
Ok so i can go about a week or so following my plan (netting less than 1200 calories a day) but then out of the blue i just go on a binge (im talking eating 800 calories in one sitting!!!) does anyone else deal with this? and if so do you have any tips to help me control this? Any advice would be appreciated thanks :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Netting less than 1200 calories is not a healthy way to lose weight.

Most of my dinners are more than 800 calories... 800 cals is not a 'binge', it's your body's way of telling you to eat more.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't be netting less than 1200. Eating too few calories and being over restrictive can often lead to binging.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exactly call 800 calories a binge....Your either not eating enough or your choice of food is not satisfying which in most cases is due to thinking low calorie diet foods are required to lose weight.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Do you know what triggers the binges (other than under eating)? I only binge at night but as long as I go to bed at a reasonable hour I'm not tempted to binge.
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I think a lot of people on here pay too close attention to the 1200 mark which is hovering pretty low. I eat around 1800 calories a day and I still lose weight.
    Cutting back on sugars and crap food will make more of a difference than starving yourself.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Most of my dinners are more than 800 calories... 800 cals is not a 'binge', it's your body's way of telling you to eat more.

This. It's not a binge if it's the equivalent to a healthy day's worth of calories.

Net more calories and your body will calm down.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

yep
  • jackdaniels1234123
    jackdaniels1234123 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok so i can go about a week or so following my plan (netting less than 1200 calories a day) but then out of the blue i just go on a binge (im talking eating 800 calories in one sitting!!!) does anyone else deal with this? and if so do you have any tips to help me control this? Any advice would be appreciated thanks :)

You are not alone; i have exactly the same problem! If you want to talk, feel free, i know what it feels like. Like you, i can easily consume 800 or more cals in one binge sitting! I'm afraid i don't have tips apart from eat more so you are not so hungry....easier said than done i know *hugs*