Childrens play gym

jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi
I regularly take my 19 month old to a play gym. Its a toddler session so basically I have to take him around the equipment as it is normally designed for older children and he is not tall enough to climb.
He weighs just over 2 stone.
My question is can I use this time as exercise ?- it is mainly climbing (whilst holding him) then crawling up and over things and through things. We are normally there for a couple of hours although I would say I used my body fully for about 60 minutes.
If you think I can how would I log it?
I dont use HRM either
Thanks x

Replies

• jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    That would've already been figured in when you filled out your Diet Profile
    under How would you describe your normal daily activities.

So since this is something you do regularly, I would say no and change
    your profile if needed.

Doug
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Just to clarify, do you not have an HRM, or do you just not wear it at the children's gym? If you have one, give it a try. If it's an extra thing during your week and not an everyday thing, I would definitely figure out how to count it. I know in some activities with toddlers, you can really burn some serious calories. Even if you don't count it, you are toning with all the squatting, climbing, and lifting. Enjoy the time with your son while strenghtening!!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    That would've already been figured in when you filled out your Diet Profile
    under How would you describe your normal daily activities.

So since this is something you do regularly, I would say no and change
    your profile if needed.

Doug
    When I say regularly I mean 3 times a week for a couple of hours each time. No it would not be counted in my day to day activities either. It can be more of a work out in the play areas than in a gym!
    I am sure people who go to the gym everyday still count there workout as extra and not part of there daily allowance?

I do have a HRM but I don't really think it would work as there is so many different things involved that it would be really hard to get a correct measurement as one minute I am crawling then climbing then lifting so I am not really sure it would work?>
This discussion has been closed.