Logging Fresh Juices

Options
I just bought a new juicer last week and I am loving it. It's great to get so many fruits and veggies into one drink! But I am concerned with my calories and I am having a hard time figuring out how to accurately measure them. Does anyone have any ideas or ways that they have logged juice before? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just created a food, labeled it "Homemade - Fresh Juice", and then count each glass (16 oz-ish) 200 calories. Or you can try googling it to try to find how to calculate it :tongue:
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    There are lot of "juiced" items in the database, but it is just hard to figure exactly how much juice I created out of some of the items. For example today I juiced kale, and I can't tell exactly how many oz it created. I think I'll just have to guess a little and hope it's semi accurate
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new juicer last week and I am loving it. It's great to get so many fruits and veggies into one drink! But I am concerned with my calories and I am having a hard time figuring out how to accurately measure them. Does anyone have any ideas or ways that they have logged juice before? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated:smile:

You are not getting so many fruits and veggies, most authorities permit counting juice as one serving a day towards your seven to nine regardless of how much you drink because nutrients are wasted in the pulp. Measure the liquid and log that.