doing yoga to help get toned

Options
Im 3 lbs from my goal, im 5'7" and 138 lbs, I still have alot of chub in my belly, bum, and upper thighs, I do p90x but only have 3 and 5 lb weights, I do combine them with some workouts so I use 8 lbs, but I realy want to start toning up more. I dont have money for a gym membership at the moment or to get heavier weights, I will be getting both in a month or 2, but in the mean time id like to start getting more toned at home. I dont follow the p90x program, I just do the legs and back, arms and sholders, kenpo x, and ab ripper x. I do turbo jam also and zumba once every couple weeks, but would adding the yoga from p90x once or twice a week help me tone up?

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say. Go ahead and incorporate it into your program while you wait to join a gym a couple of months from now. It certainly won't hurt your progress.
  • Tannis77
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, 3 levels and it sounds like you are fit, so you will sail to level 3, you can find the series on Youtube, I have had and heard nothing but great results from this. Good luck, you are my height, so it is great to see a close to finished pic!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,785 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, 3 levels and it sounds like you are fit, so you will sail to level 3, you can find the series on Youtube, I have had and heard nothing but great results from this. Good luck, you are my height, so it is great to see a close to finished pic!
    I have it and have compleited through day 20, maybe ill ad it in again a few days a week
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I say do the P90X Program using your 8 pound weights. After 90 days you will see great results! I have not tried it, but I do have friends that have used it. All did not follow the diet plan exactly,however they did increase their daily protein intake. I plan on doing it after I get closer to my goal weight. Currently doing INSANITY. Im 5'7...163lbs. Best wishes to you on your journey to tone! :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    There are other ways to get 'weights'.. A backpack full of books? Lift boxes full of heavy thing, like book.,yep, we just moved and those boxes of books are HEAVY?....
    I bet my KithcenAid 6qt mixer is at least 25 pounds ( 'shipping weight' is 27) I keep it on the floor now, so it is "heavy lifting" when I get it out to make cookies.
    I do Bodyweight exercises with my 8 pound weights and they work well. For now.
    Yoga and Pilates is nice.