40+ need to loose 50- need help

rmchan
rmchan Posts: 152 Member
I am 44 years old..5'8inches tall and I need to loose 50 pounds. Just a little background of myself..I was a sports fanatic! Tennis, softball, kayaking, wind surfing, inline skating, teaching aerobics/strength training classes, backpacking, cycling both road and mountain, running...I have done a lot of sports and was always small...until I had my son 10 years ago...I gained 70 pounds with my pregnancy and I am still carrying 50...10yrs later. I started a diet on January 2...and so far I have only lost 2 pounds...So frustrated. I have been trying to burn atleast 300-400 calories a day and try to strength train 1-2 times per week..3 sets each 12-15 reps..I need some help. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me..I can't seem to get the scale moving. I would like some friends that have had success to help me please. I am hoping to find someone near my age that has around the same weight loss goal 40-50 pds...to become my friend and help me. I would like to be able to view your diary to get some suggestions or to see what you are doing different than me? and someone who could give me advice or tell me what I am doing wrong...Thank you.

Replies

• silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi! Have you read this? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?page=20

Someone suggested it to me, and it was a little baffling at first, but, the gyst is, are you eating too few calories? If you burn off 300-400 calories, then you should eat that back to keep your metabolism working and not put your body in starvation mode. I've not got all the in's and out's of it yet, but I did do all the calculators on there, and according to them I should be eating more than this site suggests I should eat, so, I've adjusted my calorie intake. All that exercise your doing is fabulous, but you need to make sure you're fueling your body to enable it to do it. I'm finding I have lots of calories leftover at the moment, so perhaps I will see how I go over the next few weeks, but, I have lost 3lbs this week, of course this is the first week, and that's always the biggest loss lol.. Anyway, my point is, I was referred to this because it works for so many people, so check it out, perhaps it could be your answer xx
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    silkkat50...thank you so much! At this point..I will try/read anything! I just feel I must be doing something or eating something wrong..I thought that if I could view someone's diary that is losing and compare that maybe that's what would make the difference. I will read this. Thanks again!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Hi, you can add me if you want. I will be starting a different nutrition plan tomorrow, it is geared towards me reducing bodyfat, I will also be doing my weightlifting and 200 + minutes a week.. It may help give you some ideas. Also you can view past diarys I eat a pretty clean diet, no processed food, no diary(greek yougurt sometimes) , no white bread, flour, sugar.. Just healthy food that counts!