I need motivation to keep going!

Options
I have just started my 3rd week today of working out i started with walking on the tredmill everyday for about a mile and i added 30 day shred to that i am on day 4 so far and i have lost an inch off my stomach already and i can fit into an old pair of jeans that were to tight and i can tell a little difference in my stomach area but im not really dropping the weight i keep going up n down im down about 5 pounds so far wich is good since its only the starting of my 3rd week ..but i have a lot to lose my short goal is to lose 50 before summer and ultimate goal is to lsoe 100 pounds..how long till you started seeing big results for heavy people just starting out..

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    No-one else can motivate you, you've got to want it yourself.
    But saying that, I started at 272lb, I dropped a dress size in a month, and others started noticing at about 30lbs lost :flowerforyou:
  • schelli226
    Options
    I just started my blog today. Perhaps you will find some motivation there over time. I have lost 67 lbs. and been at this since hte end of July with a goal of dropping 150 lbs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/schelli226
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No-one else can motivate you, you've got to want it yourself.
    But saying that, I started at 272lb, I dropped a dress size in a month, and others started noticing at about 30lbs lost :flowerforyou:

Yes, You have got to want it. Be your own motivator and Dont get over whelmed. Take it one day at a time.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    wrong kind of response nvm.
  • meganjjb
    Options
    it has been going great so far for me and has changed my thinking and i feel great and my hubby has even noticed its helping our relationship even .. i have been doing it in the mornings so its done! but just wish id see something im hoping this week brings some change!
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    Don't give up! If you're doing the excersise and eating within your calorie budge you WILL LOSE WEIGHT! Women have so many hormonal issues that cause us to hold water and our weight ot fluctuate. But I've found that it may stand still for 2-3 weeks and then start falling off quickly again. I'm down 58 from my highest weight and I'm determined not to get discouraged and quit this time. Hope you do the same :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is a success - congrats on that

Weight loss is like a roller coaster ride - you just have to settle in and be patient. If you weigh often, track the trends and try not to focus on the numbers so much. We fluctuate a lot - I fluctuate 5 pounds in a day ususally.
  • rpapesr
    rpapesr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan, Welcome to MFP. While I agree it takes self motivation I have developed a great group of friends on here who have helped with humor, motivation, knowledge and support. I'll put an add request out there and you are welcome to take it to help you along!
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! When I first started it took my body a good 3-4 weeks to understand that I was going to feed it regularly and that exercise was OK. Then things started to happen. That said, 30DS is known for taking inches off and not having a huge effect on weight, so don't get discouraged and just keep measuring!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You should make shorter goals.. 50 is a big one to work on right out the gate. I try to strive for 5lbs a months..if get more than I happy but knowing my goal is 5 a month helps. Overall I have about 60 more to lose before I think I might stop.
  • bikergrannie
    Options
    That is a good point... don't forget to drink water! It is very important. That's all I've been drinking for a week now. I know that sodas have a LOT of sodium so I try to stay away from them.
    So don't forget to drink WATER!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    whenever i feel myself feeling a lack of motivation, i look at naked pictures of women until i get it back.
  • gypsy674
    gypsy674 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You gained it over a long period of time so it will need to come off over time too. You are doing great. come up with a non food reward for goals met. Mine is a song download for every 5 exercise events.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm in the third week of my journey as well and have eradicated 7 pounds so far. I have started and stopped losing weight more times than I can count and have given up many times just because I wasn't losing fast enough...had I just stuck with it a little longer or made small changes I wouldn't be on here today. Don't give up, our bodies often times lost at it's own pace. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture, for example I was able to run across the parking lot to my car today without feeling out of breath, which is as important as losing weight. I get on the scale way too often, trying to break that habit, but have noticed that I won't lose anything for several days, then all of a sudden 2 pounds are gone...and stay gone. Stick with it, it will start to come off! I also have a dress that I want to fit into by the end of the summer hanging in my room where I can see it just to remind me why I'm doing this and I have been trying on a pair of jeans that I hope to fit into in 30 days and I can see them getting closer. Take the small victories and keep going! It will happen for both of us, I'm shooting for 118 total, but am thrilled with each one that leave to never come back! Feel free to friend me if you want.:smile:..

Also, I work out as hard as I can given the time I have and have been burning 400 - 950 calories a day, and only eating about half of those calories back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!