Polar FT7 Beeping when on exercise machine

Options
Hello All!

So recently purchased a Polar FT7 and i am in love with it. I wore it to the gym all last week and everything was fine. For the past 2 days, everytime I would step onto the treadmill or elliptical machine i would hear constant beeping noises! It's extremely annoying - and I even turned off all sounds on my HRM..does anyone know why this is happening? Any help would be great! :)

Replies

• mbaileyblock
    Options
    {Bump}

I would like to know more about this too...Looking into getting one myself to be more accurate on my calories being burned.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Mine did this when I had target heart zone on. Other then that I'm not sure what it could be. Faulty batteries can make things beep? Hope you figure it out. :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If it isn't the battery, it means you're out of your target heart zone. Mine beeps every ten seconds-ish when I'm out of the zone (whether I'm too low or too high). I have no idea how to turn it off because I keep forgetting to check the manual.

It's helpful when I work out at home, but I don't want it beeping at the gym, especially when other people are wearing HRMs. I don't want them to think it's theirs and mess them up. :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If it isn't the battery, it means you're out of your target heart zone. Mine beeps every ten seconds-ish when I'm out of the zone (whether I'm too low or too high). I have no idea how to turn it off because I keep forgetting to check the manual.

Just press the "ok" middle circle button during the workout. It unlocks the zone. :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Just press the "ok" middle circle button during the workout. It unlocks the zone. :)

Oh. :) That was easy.
  • nurse_sabrina
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your replies! I will try it out tomorrow :)