jillian michaels 30d shred question

Options
can anyone tell me how to figure out how many calories i have burned doing jillian michaels 30d shred level one workout??

Replies

• stephlpirozek
    Options
    also.... how do i add it to the site?? i tried adding it and it said that it is not found! thanks :)
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    i think most people add it in as circuit training :)
    im starting tomorrow, good luck!x
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For workouts not performed on machines that measure your calorie burn, the best way is to wear a heart rate monitor, such as those from Polar, that will provide you with an accurate fat and total calorie burn, in addition to highlighting the heart rate zones working in which would burn fat vs. carbs. Otherwise, its a wild guess in generic answers you might receive.

Hope that helps.
  • compumomma
    compumomma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I add it as strength training since there are weights involved. When I do it I start with the 30 day shred and then finish the other 35 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 with some sort of incline. Last time I did that it was about 660 calories. I know because I was wearing a HRM. Some say the average is about 250 calories.
  • brewedtea
    brewedtea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on Level 1 for the 30 Day Shred! I was going to put 15 min. aerobics and 15 min. calisthenics. I'm not sure how accurate that will be as I don't have a heart rate monitor or anything like that. Good luck!
  • _jk0g_
    _jk0g_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I did the JM Body Revolution. Great program. Just log it under cardio and wear a HR monitor. Good luck!
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    For workouts not performed on machines that measure your calorie burn, the best way is to wear a heart rate monitor, such as those from Polar, that will provide you with an accurate fat and total calorie burn, in addition to highlighting the heart rate zones working in which would burn fat vs. carbs. Otherwise, its a wild guess in generic answers you might receive.

Hope that helps.

^^^ this