170 Pounds Lost In Less Than 10 Months!!

Options
Hello all!! This is my first ever forum post! I am so excited that I discovered this space to read about all of the success stories along with the real life, every day struggles that everyone is experiencing. I have never lost weight before in my life and one day, I woke up and thought enough is enough! My wife introduced me to myfitnesspal and on March 28th, 2012, I started using it and NEVER looked back! I started at a little over 420 pounds and today, I am 250.6 pounds!!

I know that I am not the only one to have been grosly overweight, but holy cow, can I appreciate life now!! To even be able to bend over to tie my shoes without almost passing out from inability to breath. To buy clothes off the rack!! To simply exist in society. It's just incredible! I am not a fitness buff, in fact, I have not even really exercised during this journey yet. Just being more active and doing more, has been a rush in and of itself.

I didn't know that there was this online community here until one day I went onto this website and saw all of these people sharing similar stories. With that, I know that my story is not unique, however, I just had to share my story here.

One thing that makes me feel really good about all of this, is the many people that have come up to me, to tell me that they started using this app since seeing my transformation. To hear that they have all started losing weight - That is beautiful! That makes me tear up every time I think about it. To have inspired people!!! Just amazing. I never thought I could make a difference in my own life, much less a host of others'.

I am still going strong and plan on losing another 30 pounds. The hard part, and where I will need your support, is getting myself to the gym. I want to start to incorporating a fitness plan into my daily life. To complete this journey and to have made the complete transformational lifestyle change.

Thank you to all who have helped me through this, and to all of you for even taking the time to read this post. Good luck all of you, and thank you for your support!!

Replies

• slowly_changing12
    slowly_changing12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!!!! you look great!!!! and I love and appreciate your story!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your amazing journey! This site is awesome!!!!
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    good job man...you and everyone should be proud of your accomplishments!!!!
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    Ive lost 210lbs and its the small things that most people take for granted everyday that i couldnt do that i take great pleasure in doing now same as you. Just being able to walk around work and not be out of breath, clothes shopping off the rack, tieing shoes laces etc i love life now.

Well done and i wish you great sucess with the rest of your journey, what you have achieved so far is awesome.
  • Sweetiekat54
    Sweetiekat54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chris, that is *inspirational*, my friend! So glad for you! I know you feel so much better, too! I am 55 and I am looking at losing 150 pounds, no matter the time it takes to do it. I am astounded at such progress, Chris. Did you have a particular type of food or foods that seemed to help you most? I realize it's the *type* of calories you put in as well as how many you consume. I know you'll be able to get motivated to be at the gym, or just to walk around the block several times a week. Just steps at a time, and that will be a great way to keep yourself active. Several people at my office walk during lunch and I am thinking, when I get to the point my leg and foot doesn't hurt me that much, I'm going to start walking, too. I have arthritis in my right foot somewhat and a leg issue from an old injury, but I know it isn't as bad when I don't weigh as much as I do right now. I'm just very, very proud for you and of you! Congratulations!!!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your amazing weight loss! Keep up the great work!
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is truly a remarkable achievable! Keep up the good work!!! So amazing!
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing story :)
  • myndsi
    myndsi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story IS inspiring.

The gym is a great place to reinforce & promote the good feelings of weight loss.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Aw congrats, you look fantastic!
  • jessicarabbit2966
    Options
    That is an awesome story and an awesome journey, thanks for posting it gives me hope for me and all of us. :)
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational story... You look amazing, congratulations...
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job. You look great .
  • peggy822
    peggy822 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing amount of weight to lose, and without much exercise! I lost 30 lbs in the last year and so jealous! I wish I would have found MFP a year ago, I know my # would have been bigger. So looking to posting my success story! Thanks for the inspiration and good luck on your final leg of this journey.
  • Meali_bug
    Meali_bug Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your story is fantastic and a great inspiration!! Cangrats to you!! You said you haven't incorporated much exercise into your routine so I just wanted to know if you did it all with MFP?? I am just starting out and I do workout but I want to know if the days I don't, if counting the calories will still lead to weight loss.
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing and Congratulations!
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are inspiring! Especially impressed that you managed to do it the first time you tried. That is a feat all in of itself!
  • Santan9ful
    Options
    Awesome Job! Such an inspiration:smile:
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments so far. If you've made it this far, I'm sure you'll be successful with the next component at the gym. I'm sure you'll get lots of advice, but take the small wins as you go. I started my fitness component by walking for 15 minutes and then working my way up. Once I got used to walking on a regular basis, I started working the gym and weight training/cardio (elliptical) into my schedule. I still try and walk 1-2 days a week to supplement my 4-5 days at the gym. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!