soooore

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
so how sore does doing the 30 day shred make you? I havent started it yet but I went to the gym on tuesday and lifted and I am still sore! And i dont want to do the 30 day shred and then be to sore to work out all week!

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    For me, the first few days my thigh muscles were pretty sore but it soon went away. Now, I think the lunges and squats are hurting my left knee, but it could be my form.

Give it a shot, you never know until you try it!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    It makes me sore, but it's a good sore. The soreness only lasts for the first day or two, then your body gets used to it (at least, that's how it worked for me). It's WELL worth the soreness! It's a great workout and it's where I see the most results. Good luck! :)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    I just want to still be able to go to the gym while doing the video.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    it made me really sore.. mostly in my legs! .. but i was glad because i knew it was working! :laugh:
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    The soreness wasn't too bad. Breathing helps :o) Your body and muscles needs lots of oxygen while working out! Stretching helps too. The soreness only lasted for a few days. I'm on day 5 of level 1 today, and I feel great! Give it a shot!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    You will always be sore after a hard workout. It will peak 2 days after, and then get better. Stretching after will help reduce the soreness. The best way to reduce the soreness is to keep doing it and make your body adapt. So long as it isn't a sharp pain (strain or tear) or in a joint (strain or sprain) being too sore to workout is just an excuse you're letting your mind use to skip. cycle your workouts so that 2 days after a hard day, when you're sore you do an easy day, and then 2 days later it's a medium day...rest over the weekend and repeat next week. Good luck and don;t let your mind make excuses...
  • Oompa_Loompa
    You will always be sore after a hard workout. It will peak 2 days after, and then get better. Stretching after will help reduce the soreness. The best way to reduce the soreness is to keep doing it and make your body adapt. So long as it isn't a sharp pain (strain or tear) or in a joint (strain or sprain) being too sore to workout is just an excuse you're letting your mind use to skip. cycle your workouts so that 2 days after a hard day, when you're sore you do an easy day, and then 2 days later it's a medium day...rest over the weekend and repeat next week. Good luck and don;t let your mind make excuses...

but my mind loves making excuses lol.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I love the soreness after a good workout. It reminds me of what I have done and makes me feel good about myself when I have finished my exercises for the day :) I bought the 30 day shred and I am waiting for it to come in the mail. Soon I hope :)
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    The soreness never went away for me. I never made it to level 2. I did what I could from level 2 then stopped. I think I made it through 15 sessions before I gave up.

I'm going to start again on Monday. I cant imagine what level 3 is like. I don't think I'll ever be able to do level 2 the way she wants you to do it. I cant do push ups at all, even girly style. I do standing push ups against the wall instead.
This discussion has been closed.