Disappointed :(

Options
Tried really hard to stick to the 1200 cals the app recommended. Last week lost 3lbs - thought yay. This week did the same and haven't lost a bean. I'm starving and feel really deflated about it and don't think I did anything different.
Any suggestions on what I can eat that is tasty and not fattening. Have been having the stuff I usually have (except chocolate and coke and cheese) but weigh everything. Just feel frustrated.
Carmen

Replies

• fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    are you exercising?? if so and you are only eating 1200- you are prolly not eating enough-

that and try more natural filling foods
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eat. More.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary so we can see what you are eating, you say you have been eating what you normally have, maybe it is calorie dense but lacks nutrition & fibre etc.

Are you eating plenty of fresh vegetables, big salads, fish for instance or is it fast food but less of it?
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You need to get your daily allowance properly worked out, the app may say 1200 but for most people they eat more and still lose x
  • Jolie1971
    Options
    It is important to fuel your body. So if you are exercising and not netting 1200 calories, at some point you will hit a plateau. That is what happened to me. It is better to lose weight slowly. 1200 calories is not very much so I would eat more than that. There is a neat tool you can use called Scooby Fit calculator. Just google that and enter your info.

There are some great sites for low cal recipes. I like Skinny taste and Hungry Girl. I still make my old recipes but adapt them to be lower calories.

Hope this helps you!
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That SUCKS!!! there's nothin worse than bursting a gut all week for nothing but it might just be your body fighting back. Don't give up keep at it and I'm sure you'll loose for your next weight in. Fludders right though you have to watch you don't put you body into starvation mode. Keep the faith :flowerforyou:
  • silkkat50
    silkkat50 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?page=20

I just suggested this to someone else! I was recommended 1200 calories by MFP, and it's just not enough! Your body is in starvation mode, you need to read this, do the calculations, which are easy as they provide the correct websites to do it on, and rejig your calorie intake on MFP manually. That's what I've done. I've lost 3lbs this week, it's my first week too. But I've not been hungry!
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    Try upping your calories by 100 or so. I am at 1380 and I am losing more consistently then when I was at 1200 and I am not hungry
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Many people on here have sensibly said this - weight loss isn't linear. I often lose 1lb one week then nothing for 2weeks then I'll lose 2-4lbs then nothing. As long as,I'm losing in general I'm happy, but no loss for one week is nothing to worry about.
  • kwseneca
    Options
    I like smoothies. Try 1 cup diet 7up, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup greek yogurt plain, ice, and a packet of splenda. Theres almost no calories in this- only from the greek yogurt. It is filling, too. :) Just blend it all in the blender :)
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You only have 15 kgs to lose - did you put your MFP goal at 2pds a week? If so, that is too much when you are this close to goal. try 1.5, or even 1pd a week.
  • larabell69
    Options
    Good post there are so many having the same problem!! eat more sweets!!
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?page=20

I just suggested this to someone else! I was recommended 1200 calories by MFP, and it's just not enough! Your body is in starvation mode, you need to read this, do the calculations, which are easy as they provide the correct websites to do it on, and rejig your calorie intake on MFP manually. That's what I've done. I've lost 3lbs this week, it's my first week too. But I've not been hungry!

This. I just did this, upped my calories from 1300 to 1500, feel much more satisfied, and broke through a plateau!

Also, as the others have said, some weeks you will lose, some you won't. Just keep up the hard work and keep building those healthy habits and the results will come with time!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options

you need to do this I did and it really works
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Don't continue to be hungry. There is no need. It is the NUMBER ONE reason that being on a diet fails. Eat healthy food, lift heavy weights, be happy and content with a plan that you can do for the rest of your life and not feel all deprived! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you are in starvation mode, but you say you are starving. That is a good enough reason to eat more. You can lose weight at a higher calorie number, but you will almost certainly not stick to this if you are starving. You can undo a lot of good days by getting hungry enough (emotionally and physically) one day and losing control. You may as well reduce the chances of that happening by not going hungry now. 1200 can be enough for some, but it's definitely not enough for others.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Do this, but also realize that you have to have patience. You're close to your goal so you're not meant to lose 2 lbs per week. Your body also isn't a calculator, so while the math does work it doesn't always work on the schedule you think it will.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Your body varies in how and when it retains waste... so when you weigh it could be retaining more. Also inches lost can sometimes be a better guide, as if you are exercising, muscle gain weighs more than fat! It is never going to be a steady loss, just hang on in there, and try and eat plenty of long-lasting carbs, like Weetabix, wholegrain bread, which keep you feeling full for longer! And be prepared to hit plateaus in your journey to a healthy weight!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You only have 15 kgs to lose - did you put your MFP goal at 2pds a week? If so, that is too much when you are this close to goal. try 1.5, or even 1pd a week.

She needs less than that. Ideal with that muscle to lose, your goal should be 1/2 - 1 lb max to minimize muscle loss.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well, it's week two for you. Just hang in there. Also, try to get exercise credits. You can eat those calories too and still lose.