Rude awakening..

Options
Today I weighed for the first time in 7 months...and I was stunned to see the scale say 330lbs....

My passion is healing..I aspire to learn herbology, be a life coach! But this number does not support that.....

I'm ashamed. Stunned.

This is rock bottom....

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The only way to go from bottom is up! You can do it!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    welcome this site is fantastic for support and motivation, and I find it really helps to log everything, you can add me if you like
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    That is right, the only way to go is up! You will do great!

Good luck to you!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    dont get too down on yourself. Sometimes ya have to reach your lowest to be able to get to your highest. You can do this!! stick with it, make a change and you will BE a representation of herbology and being healthy. MFP is here for you and so are we!
  • eddamyts
    eddamyts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have a number, don't lose yourself in it. Move forward and aim to get healthy. The number on the scale can drive you crazy if you let it.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You can realize your dreams!
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    so its time to get off that way of life and start a new! This is, by far, the best site for love and support and there is no doubt in my mind that you can and will succeed! How can you not with thousands of people, all around the WORLD, all here for the same reason? Please feel free to add me and I will do my best to help you in this journey to a healthy new you! Best of luck!
  • MamaToChey
    Options
    The only way to go from bottom is up! You can do it!
    Absolutely!

Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have a number, don't lose yourself in it. Move forward and aim to get healthy. The number on the scale can drive you crazy if you let it.

Amen!! Good luck to you in your fitness journey!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I believe that health professionals, especially nutrititionists...and most especially coaches, should be people who have lived what they teach. I would be far less willing to take instruction from someone who has never experienced being over weight or from someone who can eat what ever they want and never gain weight. Those kind of people are fortunate, but they cannot relate to me.

You have a goal that will require you to take charge of your food and life style. When you succeed...you will be able to not only talk about...life and health, you will be an example to those whom you wish to help.

At 19 years old, you definitely have your whole life ahead of you. I pray that it will be as a healthy man who overcame his weight problems early in his life.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't feel ashamed, bud... make this site your homepage and take in all the great info and support from the folks here...

You can turn this around, you can achieve your goals and help/inspire folks through experience...

Take care of yourself...
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
    Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
    Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)

You can do it!
  • Bel811
    Bel811 Posts: 38
    Options
    I believe that health professionals, especially nutrititionists...and most especially coaches, should be people who have lived what they teach. I would be far less willing to take instruction from someone who has never experienced being over weight or from someone who can eat what ever they want and never gain weight. Those kind of people are fortunate, but they cannot relate to me.

You have a goal that will require you to take charge of your food and life style. When you succeed...you will be able to not only talk about...life and health, you will be an example to those whom you wish to help.

At 19 years old, you definitely have your whole life ahead of you. I pray that it will be as a healthy man who overcame his weight problems early in his life.

Could not agree more with the above. Unless you have experienced the tears, blood, heart ache and the joy of the weight loss journey you can not even start to think about what your clients are going through,.

View this as a career opportunity, you'll be able to relate with the people you help in the future and your clients will understanding you simply because, you have been there.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    There are people on this wonderful site who have lost more than you weigh. It can be done. Eat clean, get moving, drink water.
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Everyone has to start somewhere, just start :smile:

Feel free to add me if you need friends :flowerforyou: I started out with 130 pounds to lose and I'm down to only needing to lose about 100.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The only way to get started is to realize you truly don't want to be where you are. You will have ups and downs, but you can do this!
    Welcome to this wonderful site for support. Good luck as you begin your journey!
  • riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    Why are you waiting that long to weigh yourself. Take it day at a time but don't be a slave to the scales.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Avoid the temptation of going all out and pushing yourself to maintain a perfect diet and exercise routine. This will only set you up for failure and make you throw the towel in after a bad day.

Take it slow and accept that there will be set backs along the way, it'll be a long journey but just LOG EVERY DAY. Good, bad and ugly.
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Set yourself realistic mini goals, so you don't get too overwhelmed. Write them somewhere you can see every day.
    E.g.
    I will eat within my calorie limits this week
    3 months from now my goal weight is x
    I will walk a total of 10 miles this month
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. The more the merrier. :D