Plank on MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Anybody holding a plank for an hour shouldn't give two shucks about how many calories they are burning.

Anybody holding a plank for an hour should be tested for gamma radiation levels and should be in talks with Stan Lee about starring in their own mini series.

Also, today is thread necro day apparently.
  • jaxalottapus
    Options
    The plank is also called the front hold, hover, or abdominal bridge but none of these come up either.
    Burpees also do not come up.
  • krystle80
    Options
    Yep. I was looking through both cardio and strength for plank exercises and couldn't find anything :-(
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Just log it as lying on the floor.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Maybe calestinics?

Yes, I log any body weight exercises like planks, pushups, crunches, etc as calisthenics.
  • falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i honestly couldnt find anything, i just put it under push ups and went from there. cause technically that is working out your core too...
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    How long are you guys planking that you need to log it???
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Maybe calestinics?

Yes, I log any body weight exercises like planks, pushups, crunches, etc as calisthenics.

Me too. I don't much care for an exact calorie count. My body pretty much tells me I've kicked *kitten*. BUT I totally have to start taking my food intake to another level. I've been eating that darn bagel every morning.

I think I need a 12 step program for ciabbata, bagels, and semolina rolls. It's a problem. haha.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've decided to use "calisthenics" to record my 15 minutes of push ups and 8 to 10 minutes of planks.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I do it as part of an abs routine and then use 'Sit ups' as the cardio exercise
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I just include planks with weight training under the "cardio exercises"
  • Porthosinf
    Porthosinf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I call it Pilates and that comes up as about 15kj per minute which is what everyone else's ballpark figures it.