Half way to my first goal - 40lbs down *with pics*

Options
erinxo13
erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
On May 29th, 2012 a friend introduced me to MFP. I started it with no expectations, no plans, nothing. I didn't even think I could stick to it. It was spontaneous and unplanned. I had always known I needed to lose weight (I have been overweight my entire life) but I had no idea what my weight was. Even when I was younger my mother would never tell me my weight, I avoided weighing in at the doctors office or in other situations - so I had no idea. I got on the scale and saw the number, I was quite surprised that I was actually 30lbs over what I thought I may have been in the first place (which I already knew was gravely unacceptable). I didn't dwell on the number and I just started counting calories. The first day I started MFP I had eaten over 900 calories in MUFFINS (which was not normal to have muffins but if I did I ate that many)....that day itself was well over 2,000 calories. MFP put me at about 1700 calories and I started counting the calories and taking my dog for walks (started at 15 minutes and now almost eight months later, when I go its at least 65 minutes)... I started playing Just Dance on Wii (15 minutes and I can now go for 50 trying to go even longer) and just moving more....I have lowered my intake and now am generally between 1400-1600 on a normal day. I work part time at a salad bar while going to school so I log my shifts and keep my activity level at sedentary. I started being more active in general - I actually enjoy working out (just dance, walking, stationary bike, elliptical) I started doing aquafit classes through the city (which have ended) but I love them. I have just found things I like to do but I'm still not a work out junkie. I eat a lot less now and I eat a bit better. I cut down on pop, butter etc...but I still allow myself to eat whatever I want if its within my calories and I still enjoy going out with family and friends to restaurants. I have gone down almost 4 jean sizes (I can fit into the 4th size down but it's a tad uncomfortable ha). I've been able to buy more clothes / smaller sizes. I am the size I was when I was about sixteen right now and hoping to be smaller than I have been in general. My first goal is to hit 80lbs but in the end I hope to lose about 120lbs.

I am 5'7 and I do not want to post my weight on here just yet but I am 40.8 pounds down as of 2 days ago and I am loving it.
I have lost several inches all over, not sure how many since I haven't been tracking the entire time I've been using MFP. I drink water like there is NO tomorrow. I don't fret if I have an over calorie day (I used to but I'm getting better at it). I generally feel healthier. I have gone down 6.4 BMI points and I am still 'obese' but no longer 'morbidly obese'!

I have gone on vacay during this time and just let myself enjoy it and I have been able to hop back on the wagon as soon as I came back. Have not missed a day logging on at all. :)

Here are some pics:

Passport photos (long story short I got them redone again before I went - I saw this difference and I was floored)

fc8qw0.jpg

Full shots
10 days before MFP in May 2012 / October 2012 wearing new jeans that were 3 sizes smaller! / December

xn9pqt.jpg

May 2012 in NYC before MFP:
k0llzr.jpg

Christmas 2012:
2qiviaq.jpgp

Anyway, I thought since I was half way to my first major goal that I should post! :) over 235 days on MFP :)

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great! :flowerforyou:
  • Ruined1
    Options
    That's fantastic, you should be extremely happy with your progress and never stop, you melt off a little more and show a little more of yourself every month in those photos! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Jsilva814
    Jsilva814 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the hard work.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing progress! You look awesome! Keep it up :)
  • drkujo
    drkujo Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome story! Thanks for sharing.
  • kmstieg
    kmstieg Posts: 58
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful......Great job!!!!!
  • oliveyou123
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Great job girl!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Way to stick with it! You're doing an amazing job & I'm sure you will be at your goal before you know it!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the great work!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody:flowerforyou: :blushing: :heart:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    lovely job and keep up the good work.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Congrats! ♡♥♡♥
  • Nandalipe
    Nandalipe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up,girl!! :wink:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    way to go! you go!
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wow! You sure can tell a difference in your face! Amazing! Keep up the great work!!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I love the expression on your face in the smaller jeans. Keep at it.
  • pegganne70
    pegganne70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job !! Way to go! Gives me hope. :)
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Your doing such a great job! Truly inspirational!
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are making excellent progress.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    awesome job, you look great! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!