30 day shred starts tomoro!

Options

Replies

• ewhelpley121261
    Options
    lol, me too...never went past level 1!!
  • OlderThanYoda
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred today. I tried it out last week, but my legs were so sore
    for days after. I've gotten back to it though! Made it through this time even though it was tough.

I tend to carry my weight in my belly, hips, upper thighs and butt....typical pear shape, I guess.
    So, I started thinking... What if I do 30 Day Shred AND Killer Buns and Thighs in one day
    four days a week?

I'm wondering if that would be enough strength and cardio combined and then I can do some
    other ab workouts in between to take care of my belly.

Has anyone done this? Results? Ideas?

I've been doing 30DS and 6 week abs every day for the last 3 weeks and I've seen huge results. I think you will probably see the same results if you do 30DS and killer buns & thighs. I looked at the workouts for the killer buns DVD and they look tough so I imagine you will see big changes if you do both.

I did 6 Week 6 Pack a little while ago and I'm amazed I got through it on the first try. I'm debating if I've got it in me to give 30 Day Shred another shot today. My legs are still a bit sore from yesterday... but maybe you're suppose to push through it and at least try? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of results did you see from doing both 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack every day?
    Loss of inches? I'm still trying to figure out what pattern I should do these in. I'm kind of hoping to see some good results and get a few inches off in the next 6 weeks... (planning to continue, 6 weeks is just a goal date to see how far I can get by then). I want to make sure I'm doing enough of these workouts to yield some results and especially get some toning in those bigger areas of my body.
  • eheflick
    Options
    I just started the 30DS yesterday! My legs were pretty darn sore today (stairs were.. awkward) but I'm looking forward to seeing results.

For those that have done it before, are the chances of seeing noticeable results fairly high? I'm worried I will get through this and not see a change!
  • Juliealittle
    Juliealittle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD today, so will be starting Day 1 tomorrow. I'm excited to start! I've got plans to run a half-marathon in May and a full marathon in November but really need to lose a good bit of weight before I can start logging a lot of miles. I am going to do the workout first thing in the morning because if I wait until later in the day, life just takes over and swallows up all my time.
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Didn't feel too bad after the workout, but man those front raises are tough. As the day goes on I'm slowly beginning to feel the ache. Gotta love DOMS. Wonder if it'll get worse tomorrow...

Keep going everyone!
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Started today.
    I am going to take a beginning and end photo to see the difference, which I hope is noticeable.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope to do that one next! I started ripped in 30 this week and I am SOO sore! which feels great! lol!
  • slchappell
    Options
    Day 3... Killed it last night... Made it through the work out with much better control over my breathing, and through all the circuits without stopping for breath or modification except for about 10 seconds on the side lunge on circuit 3 both times. Still lifted and twisted as I caught my breath. I even dug deeper into the squats.

It still killed me, but afterwards I didn't feel so sick and tired like the first two nights. And I woke up this morning with a little soreness in my arms and chest, but not a lot, and none really anywhere else. I'm already looking forward to hitting it again tonight.

Last night I worked late, got home in time to barely eat a couple of bites of food, grab the kids, and make it to church. Taught in kids church, had a meeting, had to run to the store after, and by the time I got home it was late, I was tired, sore, and hungry. I had not desire to do the workout, but knew if I did it would be easier today and I would feel better about myself. If I didn't, I'd be more likely not to do it again... ever... just being honest.

So the wife and I did it anyway... and even though we did lose some rest and did the workout WAY too late... I'm glad we did.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    wow L1 day 3 done!!! it felt easier and 20 mins seemed to fly by! and my knees don't hurt yet, maybe because I do at least 30 mins a day on a stationary bike too, but at this rate I will definitely stick with it for longer than last time!!!
  • CICI6767
    CICI6767 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 done today. Much easier today. I felt like I had much more endurance. Still can't really do the side lunges well, but I make an effort to get the arm part right. I also can do a couple of real pushups now!
  • lazyv310
    lazyv310 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 done yesterday.
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    you will see a change if you follow through with it. I am on day 18 and the changes are visable
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 completed and I feel great.

Although I am getting tight inner thighs and not sure how to stop this. Sometimes after working out they are very sore to even touch them.
  • jenniferwilcox
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred today. I tried it out last week, but my legs were so sore
    for days after. I've gotten back to it though! Made it through this time even though it was tough.

I tend to carry my weight in my belly, hips, upper thighs and butt....typical pear shape, I guess.
    So, I started thinking... What if I do 30 Day Shred AND Killer Buns and Thighs in one day
    four days a week?

I'm wondering if that would be enough strength and cardio combined and then I can do some
    other ab workouts in between to take care of my belly.

Has anyone done this? Results? Ideas?

I've been doing 30DS and 6 week abs every day for the last 3 weeks and I've seen huge results. I think you will probably see the same results if you do 30DS and killer buns & thighs. I looked at the workouts for the killer buns DVD and they look tough so I imagine you will see big changes if you do both.

I did 6 Week 6 Pack a little while ago and I'm amazed I got through it on the first try. I'm debating if I've got it in me to give 30 Day Shred another shot today. My legs are still a bit sore from yesterday... but maybe you're suppose to push through it and at least try? If you don't mind me asking, what kind of results did you see from doing both 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack every day?
    Loss of inches? I'm still trying to figure out what pattern I should do these in. I'm kind of hoping to see some good results and get a few inches off in the next 6 weeks... (planning to continue, 6 weeks is just a goal date to see how far I can get by then). I want to make sure I'm doing enough of these workouts to yield some results and especially get some toning in those bigger areas of my body.

I've lost 8 lbs in the last 4 weeks, but I've noticed bigger changes in inches. 3 inches off my waist, hips, and thighs so far. I do 30DS in the morning and then 6w6p in the evening. I've also noticed lots of toning in my arms too. All of the workouts on the DVD's are great!
  • OlderThanYoda
    Options
    That is awesome!! :) Yeah, see that's like the biggest thing for me is the inches... I know the scale may go up a little bit because of the muscle gain, so the inches is where I'd want to see changes.

Did you do anything in particular with your diet?

Are any of you folks doing anything in particular?

I'm undecided if I should go strict with the diet (grilled chicken and veggies and fruits only) or just try to make small changes and eat smaller portions. Obviously, I'm not expecting to eat fast food and see changes, but I do cook things like macaroni and cheese sometimes or angel hair pasta or those little steamers bags with the lightly sauced potatoes and green beans.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    L1 day 4 done!!! this is further than I ever got before! and it's getting easier! weird to say but I wore trainers for the first time today doing this DVD ( I usually go barefoot! ) & suprisingly to me it helped me to do the exercises better ( I think cos I don't slip around to much! ) & hopefully my knees will thank me too!
  • Juliealittle
    Juliealittle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did L1 D1 yesterday and today I can definitely feel the muscles in my arms and butt! I had to stop 3 times during the workout because I thought I was going to pass out. I don't know how such a seemingly simple workout can kick your butt so hard. I'm excited to see the results in a few weeks!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I started Yesterday! I always quit around day 25. I loathe level 2.
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tomorrow!!! Drama kept me from starting it last week. Any tips on protecting the knees much appreciated. I blew my knee out the last time I attempted this. But saw major results in only 9 days!!! :-) DETERMINED!!!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tomorrow!!! Drama kept me from starting it last week. Any tips on protecting the knees much appreciated. I blew my knee out the last time I attempted this. But saw major results in only 9 days!!! :-) DETERMINED!!!

I don't do the jumping jacks... I either do skaters or punches (she just wants x seconds of cardio there so) For the jump rope I just bounce up and down but don't really "jump".

And make sure you do squats right