Just Dance

Options
Does anyone here use just dance as a form of exercise and if so how do you record it please? Im gonna start using tommorow just wanted to be sure beforehand.

Replies

• em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance! I usually log it as dancing general unless I feel like I worked harder. In that case I would choose dancing aerobic. Sometimes I mainly do the harder songs, so I would choose that option.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance with my kids. I record it as Dance-aerobic. I make sure to really get moving, though. With the Wii you can really get lazy and just move the one arm holding the remote, which does no good :wink:

It's not my only form of exercise, but a good activity for a couple of days a week (I can't lift every day!), and fun with the kids.
  • Sam_Jayne
    Options
    Thanks for that :)
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I love it and just log it as dancing general as well. if it keeps you moving and you enjoy it keep it up!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have it, 4 and 5 I think. I had bought it for my daughter but, she hasn't been using it. You just made me thing I should use it. It probably is a good calorie burn. Was sort of getting bored with the Zumba one I have.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Get a HRM and wear it but yes, dancing is great exercise
  • Sam_Jayne
    Options
    I bought them for my kids and it was my son who noticed there was a "sweat" section on it and mentioned it to me so i going to give it a go from tommorow,i cant afford the gym and i would be embarresed to go,so im kicking hubby out for an hour and going to give it a go then.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options
    I bought them for my kids and it was my son who noticed there was a "sweat" section on it and mentioned it to me so i going to give it a go from tommorow,i cant afford the gym and i would be embarresed to go,so im kicking hubby out for an hour and going to give it a go then.

We discovered it the same way! My wife loves it.

As for the embarrassed to go to the gym thing, I think a lot of us have been there. When I started on this go round about 3 years ago, I refused to go to a gym because I was embarrassed. I started with walking and bodyweight exercises until I mustered the courage to go.
  • Sam_Jayne
    Options
    I will go to a gym at some point but i need to lose a good few pounds on my own first,i walk everywhere as we dont have out own transport and i just though i'd try the just dance as well,i want to go cycling but weather isn't right for that just now.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options

As for the embarrassed to go to the gym thing, I think a lot of us have been there. When I started on this go round about 3 years ago, I refused to go to a gym because I was embarrassed. I started with walking and bodyweight exercises until I mustered the courage to go.

I'm not saying you have to go to the gym but I just about guarantee that in a regular gym people will be silently cheering you on. Sometimes not so silently.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

I'm not saying you have to go to the gym but I just about guarantee that in a regular gym people will be silently cheering you on. Sometimes not so silently.

This is true. You have to understand that a lot of the people you think are intimidating have been where you are. I'd also prioritize your fitness in your budget but that takes time to do.
  • melt2svelte
    Options
    I also log it as "Dancing, general".

Love Just Dance! Such a fun way to burn calories. :)